The LOUDEST Fireworks in Broomhill at the mo

I'm not gonna complain, was too late IMO but not as bad as some of the fireworks you used to get going off all hours in Nether Edge. And not as bad as the drunk people we get going past shouting and singing at 3am every morning at the moment.

If they were all the way up in broomhill, and it sounded like bombs going off from where I was, that's definately a cause for complaint IMO. It sounded like they were next door, and I was all the way down on ecclessal road!

If no complaint is made it will not stop (or be stopped).

Anything after 10.00 is a statutory nuisance.

Well, under the Firework Disturbance Act 1991, it is illegal, in this country, to set off any firework after 2300.

I could hear the Fireworks in Sandygate, at around 2220, so they weren't breaking the law and cannot be sued. However, I don't know if they continued past the 2300 "watershed".

Fireworks - Saturday 13th May 2006

Stephenson Hall of Residence, Oakholme Road

Fireworks lasted 10 minutes and were fired at 22.15hrs

400 letters were hand delivered to those in the immediate area a week in advance. Clearly we cannot deliver to half of Sheffield.

Fireworks were fired by fully insured and licenced company. Fire Brigade, Police, Air Traffic Control were made aware in advance.

The display was for the Annual Stephenson Hall May Ball. Since 2001 a firework display at 22.15hrs has been centrepiece with no complaints to date. Each year the ball (held for students and guests of the hall) raises £1000 for local charities.

Hope this clarifies the issues raised. Hopefully many more enjoyed our annual display!

:)

Thanks for that, Stevo. I could see them from my window and I thought they were beautiful. Pity about the cloud. :thumbsup:

400 letters were hand delivered to those in the immediate area a week in advance.

Not to me there wasn't, and I'm very much in the immediate area. :suspect:

That said, I thought that they were fabulous! Me and the dog and the cats sat watching them in awe :)

Look forward to them next year, just let us have notice so we can have the animals inside. :thumbsup: Perhaps you'll invite the residents around too? ;)

Cheers Tony,

What road are you on out of interest if you don't mind me asking - incase you were missed.

In previous years we fired the display from the tennis courts of Stephenson Hall at the top of Oakholme Road (where it meets Ashdell). However because this year that land is being built on we had to relocate to Crewe Flats (right at the botton of Oakholme, by Endcliffe Road) - hence perhaps you were more in the 'firing' line so to speak than previous years.

Glad you enjoyed the show!!