Finding Affordable practice rooms to rent monthly

Hello,

I'm looking to rent a room for drumming and band practice. 24/7 access, monthly rental (not just a pay-per-night like most seem to be). Either just for me and my band or shared with 1 or 2 other groups if needs. So long as there's parking nearby, the room is secure and has electricity, that's all that is needed!

Are there any websites out there for searching for rooms? Are there any people on this forum right now who own rooms? Or anyone who can point me in the right direction? Who is Keyser Soze?

Any contacts or advice would be much appreciated! Cheers.

Hello,

I'm looking to rent a room for drumming and band practice. 24/7 access, monthly rental (not just a pay-per-night like most seem to be). Either just for me and my band or shared with 1 or 2 other groups if needs. So long as there's parking nearby, the room is secure and has electricity, that's all that is needed!

Are there any websites out there for searching for rooms? Are there any people on this forum right now who own rooms? Or anyone who can point me in the right direction? Who is Keyser Soze?

Any contacts or advice would be much appreciated! Cheers.

Good luck finding any in Sheffield these days, we've been looking for about 6 months to find somewhere decent. Most of the available space has/is being knocked down for more soulless developments of flats pushing artists and bands out the city centre...

You could try CADS - They are loosing their space soon but have another building on the cards so that may be an option. I Had a room at their current place but... it was a little expensive for the size.

We have ended up pooling our money with another band and have rented an industrial unit with a roller shutter which we are going to sound proof. They seem to be the only places available at the minute but again, are quite expensive. so that could be another option.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Edited by drummer54as

I use a residential room at the moment and a band have just left.

What nights would you usually practise though?

Thanks!

What size is preferred for this type of use?

Swingsheff:

We currently practice Wednesday Nights but might be able to be a little flexible if required. I'd want to be able to pop down to practice drums at least one other night a week though. What do you mean by residential room? I can only imagine you are sat in someones living room!

Andrejuan:

Can be flexible but at a minimum I would guess around 5x5m... Though my guesswork is pretty poor.

Bennyono:

The rooms are generally used Wendesday, Thursday and Occasionally Sundays. It's a room in a commercial building near Bramall lane.

It's just a little studio which you can plug in most times and play as long and as loud as you want. There is a drum kit there although you will need your own amps.

Hi Swingsheff,

Myself and a friend would be interested in this, we need a space to play in as neither of us have suitable houses (babies next door!) to practice in. Is this something we could be a part of?

Thanks!

Eddy