Best venues in Sheffield for music?

Hi,

What are the best music venues in Sheffield? I only really know of West Street Live and The White Lion.

Are there any other big music spots? (smaller ones, not the O2 or Arena)

Thanks!

Loads, but it depends on your taste. Best thing to do is buy the Telegraph and look on their listings. It usually has most of the smaller venues listed under pubs and clubs. Look also at the Mercury it has most of the cabaret in and around Sheffield including all the clubs and special events, one off gigs etc.

hope this gets you started

Cheers, I'm into most things to be fair!

Does the Washington have live acts on?

I think so. It did when l worked on Wellington Street last year.

Recently I`ve enjoyed Picture House Social. Also Mulberry Tavern and Rocking Chair have nice little set ups.

Some decent venues mentioned above, BUT there isn't a really good pub type venue for bands near Sheffield centre with a good size room and stage with regular bands on.

The Church House has live bands on.

Some decent venues mentioned above, BUT there isn't a really good pub type venue for bands near Sheffield centre with a good size room and stage with regular bands on.

West St Live has a stage, bands every night, and holds a couple of hundred. Fills all those criteria!

Oh and the Food Hall is cool when they have live stuff on. It's on Ayre Street near Jury's inn.