Problem with projector

Hey people.

Maybe someone will be able to help me. I have a high end gaming PC which I'm trying to set up with my projector (for long movie evenings). I have bough good quality Optoma projector which supports 1080p input. Now I have tried 10m cable on my old (demo) projector before buying Optoma, and it worked perfectly (cheap chinese projector, image quality horrible and only 800 lumens, but it worked), now when I connect new Optoma, it does not work, it works with chromestick or connected to laptop, but does not work on my PC. My graphics are Radeon Fury X, three DP and one HDMI ports. HDMI port definitely works as I used it with my telly before. Today I have bought HDMI signal repeater to test maybe just cable lenght is an issue. But if not, what should I try? Maybe DP to HDMI adapter and try same cable, I dont want to use 10m long analog input as signal would be horrible. Any ideas? Anyone else had similar issue? Any help appreciated!

I struggled to get 7m to work on my old 1080p TV, yet I can get 2160p out of it on my new TV. The tolerances of each device vary considerably.

You may have to try different cables, try to find ones with larger conductor sizes. I have had best luck with flat cables.

Annoyingly when it comes to cables, its not always the most expensive that are the best quality. (except the ultra high end that are vastly overpriced)

I had an Optoma HD700X a fair few years back, and when I first got it, it took me 4 different cables to find one that worked, but then when I bought a 15 meter extension and used a normal .5 meter with it, it worked without any issues over the full distance...

Have you tried lowering the resolution ? just in case it can't actually handle the full resolution? Set the pc to duplicate the primary display and drop it to 1024x768 and see if you get a picture.

Thanks for all the answers!

Repeater worked, signal appeared and even 3D was supported but image was getting distorted when I tried to watch Hi res images. I removed the repeater and, somehow it works now. I use same 10M cable, same connector and it works well. Strange, for three days I was looking for solution and even tried different cable, but only after plugging in the HDMI repeater it started to work.

Thanks anyway, problem solved now!

If you continue to have problems it is worth taking a look at HDBaseT extenders. Come at a cost but by far the most reliable method for long uncompressed HDMI runs over a single cat5e/6 cable.

Edited by steroc