Pay and Display in car park behind McColls in Woodhouse

Does anyone know if it's true that they're going to start charging to park in the car park behind McColls in Woodhouse village? I've also heard they're installing barriers? Parking is difficult anyway this will make it impossible.

If it's true it will be the death of the village shops. I use the shops regularly especially the butchers, greengrocers, chemist and bank because I believe in supporting local businesses, but not at any price. Who is responsible for this? Is it McColls?

There are 2 Asda's, 2 Aldi's, Morrisons and Lidl's all with large free car parks within a short distance so guess where motorist will go? Is this a ploy to drive (Pardon the pun) us into the arms of the big supermarkets?

You mean the Costcutter? Has it changed ownership?

You mean the Costcutter? Has it changed ownership?

Yes, it's now McColls.

Does anyone know if it's true that they're going to start charging to park in the car park behind McColls in Woodhouse village? I've also heard they're installing barriers? Parking is difficult anyway this will make it impossible.

If it's true it will be the death of the village shops. I use the shops regularly especially the butchers, greengrocers, chemist and bank because I believe in supporting local businesses, but not at any price. Who is responsible for this? Is it McColls?

There are 2 Asda's, 2 Aldi's, Morrisons and Lidl's all with large free car parks within a short distance so guess where motorist will go? Is this a ploy to drive (Pardon the pun) us into the arms of the big supermarkets?

I believe it is the owners/ managment company who own the shops who are doing this.

Yes, the machine has been installed, its got black bags over it so its not working just yet.

Its a stupid idea, parking is terrible in Woodhouse - with cars on double yellows and on corners and in the bus stop. This will just make it worse,

This is going to drive more trade away and block side streets even more. If there going to start xharging for here they need to get the car parks maintenance sorted. Disgrace that car park

From what I've read it belongs to the owner of the precinct shops. They're dying on their backsides compared to some of the other shops.

From what I've read it belongs to the owner of the precinct shops. They're dying on their backsides compared to some of the other shops.

Demolition would be too good for that eyesore.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the pay and display has gone. Walked past last week and signs have disappeared .

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 18:00 ----------

Demolition would be too good for that eyesore.

I agree that the eyesore of a shopping centre should go . Thanks Sheffield council for spoiling Woodhouse .

I wondered that Fatbelly, I went past a couple of days ago and the signs were missing or perhaps they were vandalised. Very few people used the car park so I can't see how they made it pay. They can't have taken enough to cover the cost of the pay machine and signs.

I hope there has been a change of heart and it encourages people back to the village that has been so badly affected by this.

Some local shopworkers posted on facebook a few weeks ago that the pad and display car park was going, said something about the council having some input, put someone else said that was wrong. Either way the meters have now gone, fear the damage has already been done though, driving people away