Fitness/Gyms in Sheffield

Do you ever get times when all the machines are in use ie peak times?

I use Esporta and have never had to wait for machines but it is very expensive,but I do use it a lot.

Thanks

Any good fitness centres around Shefield, preferably north east-ish?

I have never had to wait more than 2 minutes - and that was for a weights machine not cardio.

Admittedly I don't always go at peak times, but even when I do it seems pretty good.

Depends very much on what your after doing! I used Virgin for a while but found it didn't suit me (too much emphasis on machines and lycra!) and now use the uni gym which has a very good free weights section - which is the main thing I wanted. Its worth taking a bit of time to think about what you want to do then go see what available and in your price range. Theres plenty of choice out there - Virgin, Greenes, S10, The Cage, Ponds Forge etc etc.

Neil how busy is the Goodwin generally speaking? They've mailed out their offers to students, nice and cheap and looks like a great facility as well, just hope it's not too packed. Are the free weights usually busy?

Goodwin is pretty good - well apart from the first month or so of each term as the new 'must get fitters' swamp the place!

I'm looking for a new gym. I used to go to Fitness First but it kinda ran its course. Looking for a new place now. I mostly do x-trainer, running, bike etc, cardio basically. Optimally, the place has a few TVs and headphone jacks. Love to watch Littlejohn's on SkyNews after work during workout!

Originally posted by evildrneil

Goodwin is pretty good - well apart from the first month or so of each term as the new 'must get fitters' swamp the place!

Yeah, I'm not a new 'must get fitter' so I know what you mean, I'm sure that will die down as you imply, as they all decide they can't be bothered and pack it in! Same happened when my last gym opened, for the first few weeks you couldn't move, it's empty now!

Originally posted by armin

I'm looking for a new gym. I used to go to Fitness First but it kinda ran its course. Looking for a new place now. I mostly do x-trainer, running, bike etc, cardio basically. Optimally, the place has a few TVs and headphone jacks. Love to watch Littlejohn's on SkyNews after work during workout!

Thats Greens on Napier Street for you then! Its the nicest gym I have ever used, not totally bursting with the super slim super sexy types who walk out of the sauna or aerobics studio without a hair out of place! And they do a wicked full english which I admit may slightly counteract the effort I put into my work out but hell any exercise is better than none!

Originally posted by Maddy

Thats Greens on Napier Street for you then!

With the slight disadvantage that it's a bit out of the way from Hillsborough. Is there free parking at least?

Guest unners

Anyone know what Sam Jones is like at Drakehouse?