MFC board cut at 45 degree

Dose anybody know where I can buy some MFC board and have it cut there and then but at 45 degree angle, have tried Arnold Laver and Hills Panels but they only do 90 degree.

BnQ do a cutting service.

if you mean angled edge no u can put edge on your self with correct tool

It's basically shelves to sit on top of a desk, so need triangle shapes cutting out of a 2400mm * 610mm sheet

Why not get the squares cut to size and buy an £8 saw to cut the diagonal.

I'd been having this issue with cutting some aluminium channel for something I'm building.

You can buy a mitre box from somewhere like Screwfix, B&Q or even Wilkos, but my only experience was that the cheap ones are rubbish if you want accuracy. A lot are made of plastic, and when you start cutting, you end up cutting the box.

In the end I did it by hand without the box, and it worked well!

The best way I seem to think is a chop saw, which any local joiner would have and should do for a couple of quid I'd imagine.

Even a good circular saw will leave a bit of a ragged edge.

A router is a very handy tool to have around. Saw it by hand leaving about 3mm waste, clamp a straight edge so the routers sole plate edge runs along it with the blade cutting the waste off to the desired place. It will leave a nice square flat neat edge only needs just a very light sanding - good enough to glue edging onto if desired gives a finish like it came from a factory.

Circular saw with a straight edge clamped to act as a guide.

Did it this week for some fitted storage units. As good as the machine cuts in the 'sheds'.

Circular saw with a straight edge clamped to act as a guide.

Did it this week for some fitted storage units. As good as the machine cuts in the 'sheds'.

It seems to me if they don't know how to do it they might be better getting someone else to do it. Otherwise the next post might be asking where you can have fingers put back on.

It seems to me if they don't know how to do it they might be better getting someone else to do it. Otherwise the next post might be asking where you can have fingers put back on.

Lets hope your wrong about that !!!!

Lets hope your wrong about that !!!!

Totally agree, but it's always a bit dodgy doing something like that when you don't know how to do it safely.