End of an era at Baldwins Omega

I know so many peope who worked there over the years, had many a good night there over the years. Consistantly great food and service. Hope they both a happy retirement, they deserve it ! Although iam not sure why its not up for sale ? Little goldmine that place i reckon.

Jerky, how I agree with you. Baldwin's is a wonderful institution that will be sorely missed, you have to think that their retirement is long overdue and well deserved after the way they have served us over the years.

The sad economics of this world mean that to sell Baldwin's as a going concern it is worth £X, but to sell the property with planning permission for new houses it is worth an awful lot more.

Very unfortunate I know but I know which route I would take in that situation.

You never know but with a plethora of empty pubs in the area some young, enterprising couple may decide to set up and emulate the Baldwin's.

I had a tomato sausage there at one of their bbqs. The best one I have ever tasted. I ought to have asked where they got them from!

You never know but with a plethora of empty pubs in the area some young, enterprising couple may decide to set up and emulate the Baldwin's.

Which ones? I can only think of Psalter Tavern having closed down recently?

knew a few of staff yrs ago , told it was a good place few of xswfc players went

Which ones? I can only think of Psalter Tavern having closed down recently?

I wasn't restricting my thoughts to the Brincliffe area but the wider west side of Sheffield.

I think I'm in a minority to think it was over-rated and not very good at all it seems! Every function I went to, and there were a significant number with work, the food was average at best, and the whole thing seemed like it was 20 years out of date.

That said, I of course wish them all the best!

The development will be to 30 new apartments, and 8 detached houses according to the plans. I for one am very interested, and will be seriously considering one of the houses. It's an area I'd like to live, and on that basis, this is nothing but good news in my view!! :)

Its gone the way of the working mens clubs.

Unpopular and outdated

I think that's a very accurate summary!

When the current 55-75 age group at the WMCs inevitably die, I can't see them surviving (the WMC's). Cheap beer is only good if it's cheap and in a nice environment where you don't get yelled at for breathing during the bingo.

Edited by Andy1976