Can Someone Please Explain The Logic In This..

I regularly travel down the A57 from J31 of the M1 onto the B6200 at Woodhouse Mill. The road surface on the B6200 on the stretch from the roundabout at Fence to the traffic lights at the Junction of Furnace Lane was absolutly awful, like a ploughed field. About a year ago the council (I assume) resurfaced the section from the traffic lights back about 400mtrs towards Fence and then stopped (despite the fact that the section left was probably the worst bit), a year later and they have now resurfaced a section from the roundabout to just past the entrance to Home Depot (approx 200mtrs) and still left the middle bit as rough terrain!!!! I work in construction estimating and its always cheaper to do a whole job whilst you have the plant and labour on site in one hit

than breaking off and returning, what the hell is going on and is this typical of all resurfacing projects??

I think the first section done was the sheffield bit and the other bit done is Rotherham and then a no mans land :hihi:

I can sort of understand that but in these days of so called austerity and council cuts surely it wouldn't be too difficult for the two to get their heads together.........or is that just too sensible?

I can sort of understand that but in these days of so called austerity and council cuts surely it wouldn't be too difficult for the two to get their heads together.........or is that just too sensible?

I think that is just one step too far, given the dreadful fight that my family have been through getting services lined up for a family member who has dementia. The hospital in which they were staying is in a trust in one council area, the home in which they will be living in future is in a second, but their home is in a third.

My dad has the patience of a saint getting the 3 to coordinate funding and getting someone to actually make a decision!

nothing makes sense any more after i saw amey resurfacing the roads and footpaths upto the ski village :confused:

just waiting on this to be installed

:hihi:

Impressive. The bumps aren't standard Sheffield ones though.

Look at this lexus I saw yesterday after it drove down Mappin Street

link :)

nothing makes sense any more after i saw amey resurfacing the roads and footpaths upto the ski village :confused:

There are quite a few businesses up there, so surely they deserve to have their roads and pavements resurfaced considering the amount of business rates they pay. Its not just residential areas that are getting resurfaced

I think the first section done was the sheffield bit and the other bit done is Rotherham and then a no mans land :hihi:

A few years ago there were two "border" boundary signs - one for Sheffield at the River Rother, and one on the other side for Rotherham further up the road where the old river used to be. The bit in the middle used to jokingly be called no mans land!

The new age travellers will be happy.

It seems to be the same with a lot of roads. They sometimes close parts of Little London Road for resurfacing when the whole lot needs doing. It's awful and full of potholes.