Robotic Toy Help.

Hi there, I'm searching for help in trying to fix a robotic Toy, that recently decided to enter sleep mode, and not wake up again. The problem I have is with an Ugobe 2006 life form robotic Pleo Dinosaur. After recharging his battery, he took about 4 steps, then entered sleep mode, and hasn't woken up since. I have tried new batteries, all to no avail. So I would like to know if there is anyone out there in the SF who just might be able to give help and advice in getting the toy working once again. Many thanks in anticipation Trisha.

Hi, I'm not familiar with this toy at all. But it seems that it's possible to update his software via usb cable or sd card. So perhaps that's worth trying.

My second guess would be that the battery actually died completely, can't be recharged and needs a replacement.

Hi there, many thanks for getting in touch so soon. I have bought 2 brand new batteries but they make no difference. I've tried contacting the toy with my computer, but with him inactive, I can't open a connection in order to update the sd card. I fear the worse!!!! Many thanks for your message, best regards Trisha.

A quick Google reveals the original creators (for the 2006 edition) have gone out of business. It is still being made by a company called Innvo. It might be worth contacting them to see if they offer support on this still?

I would think that if you can connect with USB that should activate the unit or at least make it communicate with the computer. The fact that it can't suggests that there is a problem with the printed circuit board (PCB) and/or processor.

Hi there, I have left a similar message on an American forum especially for these Pleo toys, in search of a solution. However, at present, they don't seem to be as talk able as us Sheffielders, and have yet to reply.