INEOS shale gas to come to Mosborough S20?

Plenty of people at the anti fracking march well done to all for your support.

Plenty of people at the anti fracking march well done to all for your support.

Over 400 people, not counting those that could only walk part and those people that came out of their houses to support. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Over 400 people, not counting those that could only walk part and those people that came out of their houses to support. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fantastic effort Gemma by all and a well planned and organised march which put the point across very well and made locals aware of what is happening thanks to the marhalls planners first aiders police and every one involved in showing their objection to the filth that is called fracking...

Pointless protesting as even if the council rejects fracking. The government will overturn it and allow it. Precedence has already been set in Lancashire.

Fantastic effort Gemma by all and a well planned and organised march which put the point across very well and made locals aware of what is happening thanks to the marhalls planners first aiders police and every one involved in showing their objection to the filth that is called fracking...

Such a balanced viewpoint there. Mature, sensible, I'm sure you will go a long way with that.

Of course if I called you a bunch of yoghurt knitting hypocrites who drove there in cars and buses fuelled by dead dinos wearing artificial yarns made from plastics there would be an uproar...

its guaranteed to happen,when I worked in eckington all I ever heard from men of working age was we need work of any kind,this will bring work and be no worse than coal mining,get on with it make money and get this country in a economical sound basis and make it better for everyone instead of relying on other countrys for our fuel.

That would only be the case if shale extraction was Nationalised.....it isn't, the Tories would rather the French Government or German Government controlled our utilities and natural resources, like they do our railways.

What makes you think that the shale gas extracted would be British? The company extracting it can sell it on the open market to anyone....so it's not "our fuel" is it?

Just a reminder that the march is tomorrow. If you are anti-fracking then please even if you can only make 10 minutes of the march please come and 'vote with your feet' :thumbsup:

I focussed on Mosborough as the march starts there and it's in Sheffield South Yorkshire so I felt as this is the Sheffield Forum it would be more relevant...

If fracking starts, there will not just be one well, they will all need to connect within a few miles of each other... you can wave goodbye to the beautiful English Countryside(landowners are being approached everywhere at the moment and they have approached ones in Mosborough). Plus the Marsh Lane one is likely to go under Mosborough. Its easier to see examples of this in pictures so maybe join the Moborough against fracking group for a look as I'm not sure how to attach photos on the forum.... or if you don't want to join then try Google for some info. I googled 'Fracking near schools USA' earlier and 'fracking Pennsylvania USA'

Have a good weekend everyone:)

The impact on the countryside is the one and only fear I have about fracking. It needs to be well regulated, unlike in the USA, so that many long reach wells are drilled from each site to reduce the number of drilling sites.

It's perfectly do-able, it just needs the government to impose the necessary regulation because left to themselves the oil and gas companies will take the cheap option, which is to mess up the countryside unnecessarily.

That would only be the case if shale extraction was Nationalised.....it isn't, the Tories would rather the French Government or German Government controlled our utilities and natural resources, like they do our railways.

What makes you think that the shale gas extracted would be British? The company extracting it can sell it on the open market to anyone....so it's not "our fuel" is it?

The company concerned at Marsh Lane are planning to use it for themselves to make plastic so it's not going to help anyone's gas bills...not that that would change my mind...:(

An S20 resident was approached for their land shortly before INEOS proposed plans to drill at 'Bramleymoor' Marsh Lane(near Eckington,S21)

The fracking threat seems to be coming closer to Sheffield and the countryside around it.... are Sheffield city residents aware what's going on the outskirts of the city?:confused:

A protest march is planned for the 25th February from The Queens pub at Mosborough, through Eckington and then up to Marsh Lane. Setting off from Mosborough at midday if anyone can make it? Or even part of the route?:help:

If you are unsure about what the threat means you can join several facebook groups to try and keep up to date, just search for:

Sheffield against Fracking

Eckington against Fracking

Mosborough against Fracking

Thanks for reading

:thumbsup::help:

They are so lucky. I bet they get a right wad of cash for their land.

If they are clever they will rent it and take a commision

They are so lucky. I bet they get a right wad of cash for their land.

If they are clever they will rent it and take a commision

Much depends on whether the house-owner owns the subsoil. If not, it's probably Crown-owned or Manorial Rights.

Such a balanced viewpoint there. Mature, sensible, I'm sure you will go a long way with that.

Of course if I called you a bunch of yoghurt knitting hypocrites who drove there in cars and buses fuelled by dead dinos wearing artificial yarns made from plastics there would be an uproar...

That's interesting. I didn't know you can knit yoghurt. Cheese strings seems feasible but then that's all they are fit for.

How do you know they all drove there in cars and wore artificial yarns? have you got a good pair of binoculars?