INEOS shale gas to come to Mosborough S20?

Do you also object to the only real alternative,nuclear ?nothing else will be able to cope with demand.

No, but would prefer not to have it if there's a choice.

The other choice is fracking and you don't want that,but like it or not it will happen because there's big money to be had.Good luck with the demo and I hope its not ignored by the decision makers.

[quote=blackydog "I object to potential contaminants in our drinking water. Also it is gas extraction so still a burning fuel with its emmisions."

Don't worry, I don't think the fracking process takes place anywhere close to the water table, it's much deeper.

Meeting at Mosborough Queens pub at 11:45 then at 12 marching up to Eckington precinct to leave there at 1 up to Butchers Arms at Marsh Lane.

Even if you only walk a tiny part of it or have pre match drinks at one of the pubs along the way and help us make some noise in support as we pass that would be great ... look at it as a vocal chord warm up for the match! Lol!

UTB! :-)

If you manage to prevent fracking in your area will you refuse to use your car?.

As an absolute cert fracking will take place, and fuel from another area will

be available in the local service stations, along with gas supplies to your

premises

its guaranteed to happen,when I worked in eckington all I ever heard from men of working age was we need work of any kind,this will bring work and be no worse than coal mining,get on with it make money and get this country in a economical sound basis and make it better for everyone instead of relying on other countrys for our fuel.

Love the discussion going on here!:bigsmile:

Thanks Blackydog! See you there!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm shocked that so many people compare this process to mining...maybe that's what Ineos are hoping will happen by targeting an ex mining community. Fracking is not mining... Surely we can agree on that?

Personally I think the fact that's it's an ex mining community is even more worrying as to what's going on underneath the surface. I came across an open tunnel just the other day while walking in Eckington woods!

Ineos aren't fracking Marsh Lane to fuel my car or house from what I understand it's for there own company.

Jobs could be a small argument way down the list of priorities in favour? But they are temporary jobs and investing in alternative methods can produce jobs.

But when you pit jobs up against the risk of damage to your home, water supply, difficulty getting insurance....will those few jobs really be worth it:confused:

I would love it if some people that aren't sure or even pro fracking would take some time to attend a local meeting. Changing your mind in a few years when fracking happens will be too late so get involved now and don't leave it to the politicians. People power is important here I think...

Just for some background knowledge I've never ever protested anything before and like everyone I have a busy life, but having looked into this I now feel morally obligated to give it some time and attention.... Including spending my Sunday morning writing to my MP...wonder if I'll get an answer to my question :huh::hihi:

Thanks for reading my waffle guys, I'm not much of a speaker/writer:wave:

QUOTE above post

"Ineos aren't fracking Marsh Lane to fuel my car or house from what I understand it's for there own company."

In that case would you be prepared to use fuel and gas obtained by fracking in

someone else's backyard.

Guest makapaka
its guaranteed to happen,when I worked in eckington all I ever heard from men of working age was we need work of any kind,this will bring work and be no worse than coal mining,get on with it make money and get this country in a economical sound basis and make it better for everyone instead of relying on other countrys for our fuel.

I totally agree. Economic benefits are excellent and we shouldn't be holding things like this back.

i don't want fracking anywhere else in the U.K. (I'm glad you also think it's happening in people back yards though)...There are alternatives. It's not a clear cut case of no fracking, no cars. However if you argue it is then surely living in a democracy the people should have a bigger say on this major issue? i might move to spain and run my car there since fracking is banned there and in France.lol

But yes, if that was the choice, I value my house and health over my car.....

Like I said, I'm not an expert nor much of a debater so you should head over to Facebook groups to see what they say about alternatives to fracking... I just popped on here to tell people about the march on Saturday as that is Sheffield's backyard... I might send them the link to this thread but not sure how many will be Forum users...

....In that case would you be prepared to use fuel and gas obtained by fracking in

someone else's backyard.

NIMBY

It's a really convenient slur isn't it? Against people who get involved at a local level.

Sheffield people who don't want to see fracking in Mosborough are, by this logic, NIMBYs because they haven't been camped for months at "Frack Free Isle of Outer Nickynockynoo"

Of course, if anyone HAS been to the mythical isle, that then makes them a bandwagon-jumping rentamob scrounger instead.

Just sit on your settee, watch coronation street, keep your head down and eat your soylent.