INEOS shale gas to come to Mosborough S20?

An S20 resident was approached for their land shortly before INEOS proposed plans to drill at 'Bramleymoor' Marsh Lane(near Eckington,S21)

The fracking threat seems to be coming closer to Sheffield and the countryside around it.... are Sheffield city residents aware what's going on the outskirts of the city?:confused:

A protest march is planned for the 25th February from The Queens pub at Mosborough, through Eckington and then up to Marsh Lane. Setting off from Mosborough at midday if anyone can make it? Or even part of the route?:help:

If you are unsure about what the threat means you can join several facebook groups to try and keep up to date, just search for:

Sheffield against Fracking

Eckington against Fracking

Mosborough against Fracking

Thanks for reading

:thumbsup::help:

The new Frack free South Yorkshire is the best of the Facebook groups for me.

I left Sheffield against fracking as they allow spam posts.

The new Frack free South Yorkshire is the best of the Facebook groups for me.

I left Sheffield against fracking as they allow spam posts.

Thanks, I have just joined that one too :thumbsup:

An S20 resident was approached for their land shortly before INEOS proposed plans to drill at 'Bramleymoor' Marsh Lane(near Eckington,S21)

The fracking threat seems to be coming closer to Sheffield and the countryside around it.... are Sheffield city residents aware what's going on the outskirts of the city?:confused:

A protest march is planned for the 25th February from The Queens pub at Mosborough, through Eckington and then up to Marsh Lane. Setting off from Mosborough at midday if anyone can make it? Or even part of the route?:help:

If you are unsure about what the threat means you can join several facebook groups to try and keep up to date, just search for:

Sheffield against Fracking

Eckington against Fracking

Mosborough against Fracking

Thanks for reading

:thumbsup::help:

thanks Gemma. What time on the 25th?

That's a Saturday. Blades playing though at 3pm.

Football match or fracking protest? mmm

Edited by blackydog

Meeting at Mosborough Queens pub at 11:45 then at 12 marching up to Eckington precinct to leave there at 1 up to Butchers Arms at Marsh Lane.

Even if you only walk a tiny part of it or have pre match drinks at one of the pubs along the way and help us make some noise in support as we pass that would be great ... look at it as a vocal chord warm up for the match! Lol!

UTB! :-)

Meeting at Mosborough Queens pub at 11:45 then at 12 marching up to Eckington precinct to leave there at 1 up to Butchers Arms at Marsh Lane.

Even if you only walk a tiny part of it or have pre match drinks at one of the pubs along the way and help us make some noise in support as we pass that would be great ... look at it as a vocal chord warm up for the match! Lol!

UTB! :-)

I'll join you for the march to Eckington. :)

Questions for the people who object to Fracking

1 What are the preferred options for generating power?

2 If coal mines were reopened would these have a bigger impact on the envioroment?

I am not convinced of arguements either for or against fracking.

Personally I think if the way to go is investment in tidal/wave flow technolgy, as I don't think the moon is going anywhere soon.

2 If coal mines were reopened would these have a bigger impact on the envioroment?

Daft question as the mines are not going to be reopened.

Questions for the people who object to Fracking

1 What are the preferred options for generating power?

I am not convinced of arguements either for or against fracking.

Personally I think if the way to go is investment in tidal/wave flow technolgy, as I don't think the moon is going anywhere soon.

I object to potential contaminants in our drinking water. Also it is gas extraction so still a burning fuel with its emmisions.

I object to potential contaminants in our drinking water. Also it is gas extraction so still a burning fuel with its emmisions.

Do you also object to the only real alternative,nuclear ?nothing else will be able to cope with demand.

Do you also object to the only real alternative,nuclear ?nothing else will be able to cope with demand.

Not sure how that's relevant - there are justifiable concerns about fracking which is relatively new to this country and whuih uses very toxic chemicals during the process.

I would't object to it so much if there were more peace of mind about not having to drink diesel and benzene in my morning coffee.

get on with fracking,create jobs and wealth and power to this country,cant be any worse than coal mines that everyone cried about and want them re-opened especially in villages like eckington and mosbrough,give people work.