Sheffield to become "pro-vape" city.

Went in one pub tonight and everyone took the **** out of the heavy vaper.

Vape by all means, but don't expect to have a right to do so.

I'm allowed to vape in my local mate, I don't blow out huge clouds there or anywhere, I even tell other vapers to knock it off if around non vapers.sadly some don't follow the vape etiquette and spoil it for others. I hope you're taking the **** out of him worked and he doesn't make himself look such a bell in future.

You are wrong. ISO 9001 is a quality standard; you write your own manual ie your own procedures, set your own standards of precision and accuracy of your product or service. The actual standard you write your manual to just has sections (subjects) which you write your procedures to. There would be no need to buy new equipment. I have worked to various standards in large organisations. I have co written our manual which had achieved accreditation. It sounds like someone didn't know what they were doing when they wrote the manual you are talking about.

^^ THIS

Implementation of management systems are very specific to the size / scope of the business. They'll only harm the business if the people implementing it have no idea what they're doing.

If you watch a vaper they suck on it like their life depends on it. Quite funny to watch really. Also the chavvy type with the huge plume of smoke swaggering thinkin hes the man lol

Like a dummy around their necks!

When vaping started, the devices were quite small and the amount of "smoke" exhaled was minimal, just like a normal cigarette.

But now there seems to be huge plumes of cloud. Why?

Like a dummy around their necks!

When vaping started, the devices were quite small and the amount of "smoke" exhaled was minimal, just like a normal cigarette.

But now there seems to be huge plumes of cloud. Why?

I vape and also wonder why such huge clouds etc. Unfortunately it seems to have evolved into a "competition". For something that is suppose to help to stop smoking why does anyone feel the need to vape away at over 200watss ??? Where is the sense in that? My little piddley thing goes upto 80watts and I have never felt the need to go over 60w. This is why vaping is starting to get a "bad rap". It was never invented to be a FASHION STATEMENT or the next "IN THING" to look cool but that is what it is turning into.

I try not to vape close to others when stood somewhere BUT what does annoy me is when walking about and someone walks past me giving me dirty looks for vaping. Would they rather me pass wind and drive a polluting car around in front of them????

I vape and also wonder why such huge clouds etc. Unfortunately it seems to have evolved into a "competition". For something that is suppose to help to stop smoking why does anyone feel the need to vape away at over 200watss ??? Where is the sense in that? My little piddley thing goes upto 80watts and I have never felt the need to go over 60w. This is why vaping is starting to get a "bad rap". It was never invented to be a FASHION STATEMENT or the next "IN THING" to look cool but that is what it is turning into.

I try not to vape close to others when stood somewhere BUT what does annoy me is when walking about and someone walks past me giving me dirty looks for vaping. Would they rather me pass wind and drive a polluting car around in front of them????

Agree the cloud thing is ridiculous I saw someone doing it in a pub recently totally inappropriate and will likely get the pub to ban them altogether.

I also read somewhere that there is a bigger health risky with the higher voltage devices,common sense really can't be healthy breathing all that stuff into your lungs.

Agree the cloud thing is ridiculous I saw someone doing it in a pub recently totally inappropriate and will likely get the pub to ban them altogether.

I also read somewhere that there is a bigger health risky with the higher voltage devices,common sense really can't be healthy breathing all that stuff into your lungs.

there is no health risk with higher voltage machines lol :hihi:

I think you mean no additional health risk.

I know someone who was stood near the bar in a pub vaping these huge clouds . the landlord asked him to move away from the bar , he didn't ,so the landlord showed him the door

I know someone who was stood near the bar in a pub vaping these huge clouds . the landlord asked him to move away from the bar , he didn't ,so the landlord showed him the door

It's something sadly lacking nowadays ................. common courtesy and respect for others around you. I may not be as old as some or as young as others but my parents taught me to respect and treat others as you would like to be treated. Too many people now are all about the "me me me and only me" :rant:

It's something sadly lacking nowadays ................. common courtesy and respect for others around you. I may not be as old as some or as young as others but my parents taught me to respect and treat others as you would like to be treated. Too many people now are all about the "me me me and only me" :rant:

You are right in what you say, about lack of respect for others, these days. However there will come a day when it will be banned in all public places, just like here in Ontario. Vaping is banned everywhere cigarette smoking is banned over here. I remember when smoking was banned in pubs over here, but you still could do it in England for 2 or 3 more years after. I was a smoker then and on 2 visits home I thought it was great to put my fags and lighter on the bar and light up at will...lol:)

---------- Post added 22-02-2017 at 10:21 ----------

^^ THIS

Implementation of management systems are very specific to the size / scope of the business. They'll only harm the business if the people implementing it have no idea what they're doing.

From 2001 to my retirement in 2014 I worked for 5 small to medium structural steel companies. Out of those 5 companies two signed up with the ISO 9000 fiasco at the level 9002. Those two companies were sole proprietorships of long standing, and both are long gone through implementing the said system, as blamed by both owners The other 3 companies are also privately owned and still thriving. All three would have nothing to do with ISO.

From 2001 to my retirement in 2014 I worked for 5 small to medium structural steel companies. Out of those 5 companies two signed up with the ISO 9000 fiasco at the level 9002. Those two companies were sole proprietorships of long standing, and both are long gone through implementing the said system, as blamed by both owners The other 3 companies are also privately owned and still thriving. All three would have nothing to do with ISO.

All of which doesn't change the fact that it is the way ISO is implemented that is to blame, not ISO itself

No one is forced to sign up to it, and it certainly doesn't require capital expenditure for compliance. If a company went bust through implementing ISO they must have incompetent management, negligent advisors and a woefully misinformed position on what quality means.