Advice for a digital SLR camera

Hi all

My daughter is 13, and wants to take up photography, basic photos, landscapes, trees etc

I am looking at getting her a used digital SLR camera, does anyone have any advice or ideas on what and where to buy, I have looked on Ebay, and I know Harrisons sell used ones

I don't want to have to pay a lot, if she then decides its not for her

Any advice greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Nichola

Harrison's is a good place to look, they are not pushy and will offer you good advice on what would be best for your daughter.Take her to the shop and they will let her try them in the shop and see which one feels most comfortable and easiest for her to use.Also if she is struggling with what she decides on she can go back and they will help her out . 2nd hand is a good way to go as they offer 12 months warranty on them and most of what they get in is in very good condition.

Thank you for your advice

Much appreciated

Regards Nichola

There are quite a few good facebook pages dedicated to selling camera gear, some proper bargains to be had.

---------- Post added 13-02-2017 at 19:58 ----------

Harrison's is a good place to look, they are not pushy and will offer you good advice on what would be best for your daughter.Take her to the shop and they will let her try them in the shop and see which one feels most comfortable and easiest for her to use.Also if she is struggling with what she decides on she can go back and they will help her out . 2nd hand is a good way to go as they offer 12 months warranty on them and most of what they get in is in very good condition.

Agreed, Harrisons have talked me out of buying expensive gear on a few occasions, always a pleasure dealing with them.

It might be worthwhile looking at what they call mirror less cameras they are simallar to DSLR in that you can change lenses but are smaller and lighter, I've just changed to these as I found lugging a DSLR and a few lenses and accessories around to heavy.Jessops in Meadowhall also have a good range and also quite helpful if you need any more help pm me.

mpb and wex are also good online stores with some ok priced used gear ..

also as above there are some great bargains and advice to be had of facebook .

check out my group search fb > Camera & Photography Equipment For Sale Uk only.

i bought my 12 year old grandson a nikon d3100 easy to use he has had it now since christmas and ive just bought him the tamron 70-300 lens he takes some cracking shots with it , he told me this week end he has now joined the camrea club on his school so looks like he will be moveing up in size soon ouch my bank balance ,,

I have Harrison, no complaints, I recommend.

I use Harrisons. Fair prices, decent descriptions of products, fair trade in prices and as much free advice as you can take in. Excellent shop.

mpb and wex are also good online stores with some ok priced used gear ..

also as above there are some great bargains and advice to be had of facebook .

check out my group search fb > Camera & Photography Equipment For Sale Uk only.

^This^ one of the best groups on facebook for camera gear, some proper bargains to be had.