Bramhall Lane and Heely Bottom

I'm on a bit of a mission for my cousin. She is wanting black and white photos, taken around mid 50's to mid 60's of Bramhall Lane and Oak Street Heeley. Also a decent one of the Train Station of that time. She is wanting these to frame and have on her lounge wall. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked on quite a few historic photos websites so far. Thanks.

Hi Thunderbox - you may find it useful to look at the www.picturesheffield.com site which has many old photos of Sheffield and prints can be ordered. Just as a sample, here is a link to a 1955 photo on the site of shops on Bramall Lane.

Hi Thunderbox - you may find it useful to look at the www.picturesheffield.com site which has many old photos of Sheffield and prints can be ordered. Just as a sample, here is a link to a 1955 photo on the site of shops on Bramall Lane.

Great photo hillsboro. It could almost be my mother walking past the tripe shop on her way back from town. Looks like her arm might be in a sling.

Great photo hillsboro. It could almost be my mother walking past the tripe shop on her way back from town...
I actually remember that tripe shop - I had an aunt on Sheldon Street who was a regular customer. This 1956 photo shows the Queen Adelaide Hotel on the opposite corner of Hermitage Street.