Billy Sharp appreciation thread

Can't knock him for his goals this sesson, he has earnt us so many points.

I feel the Championship will be a step too far if we get promoted.

But I hope he also proves me wrong.

/\/\/\ Yep.

When Billy arrived he could score goals, but he lacked a lot off the ball. Hats off to him he worked hard and made himself a much better all-round forward over the course of the Adkins season and into what we have now.

Today he's been named Player of the Month. Quite rightly.

echo.

Top lad, well done for the fat lad from Sheffield...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is he as good or better than Doc Pace ?

Personally never saw Doc Pace but given that he played all his football at the top two levels of English football I'd presume that he was the better player.

Given the Blades history over at least the last 43 years and limited seasons spent at the top tier during that time I'd say our ability to recognise top talent is not what it was previously. I realise that sounds gobbledook but I'm struggling to explain. We've had some great goal scorers over the years, eg TC, Woody, Deardon, Jones, Edwards, Dean, not sure Billy Sharpe's in that category.

His enthusiasm and commitment are second to none. He's 31 now next season at a higher level against better players....let's see

Top lad, well done for the fat lad from Sheffield...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

He'scome up trumps for you and must be your best signing.

During a walk down Ingoldmells today, i was approached by a leeds fan, begging us to send Billy back to Leeds !

Banter eh :) put him well straight .

never any doubt in my mind he'd get goals at that level. the question is can he still cut it in the championship, not so sure on that one.