Extra cash ideas

Any job ideas for a couple of hours week....Evenings or weekends? I already work full time just need some extra..... Just not sure what can do!

Any job ideas for a couple of hours week....Evenings or weekends? I already work full time just need some extra..... Just not sure what can do!

You get hammered for tax if you take a second job though don't you? or is that just a falsism

You get hammered for tax if you take a second job though don't you? or is that just a falsism

2nd job or more hours on one job ... all the same result as long as you are declaring things properly.

As has been said, you will probably have to pay more tax unless you can get a cash in hand job. One alternative is to look closely at your spending and putting the money that you have to better use. There is loads of information on the Internet about how to make money go further. Money Saving Expert is one website that might be helpful. Talk to the older people in your family as they might have good ideas based on their experience of harder times.

Guest makapaka

It's completely false that you will be "hammered for tax"

The amount of tax you pay is related to earnings not how many jobs you have.

Guest sibon

It isn't true, but you can get temporarily over-taxed.

I work for two quite large employers, as well as taking some contracts on a self-employed basis. My tax allowance is split between my two main employers, pro rata. If I was to take a third PAYE job, I'd be taxed on that at emergency rate. That might result in me paying too much tax, but that gets sorted out after the end of the tax year, with a P800 calculation.

So, you might pay more tax up front if you take an extra job, but that is pretty easy to sort out.

I'm no so worried about tax but realistically just want some ideas of jobs that actually exists which is doable for couple of hours a week in evening or at weekend for a mature adult

Free newspaper delivery is an option, it doesn't pay much but can be done when you want as long as it's within the time frame given. Alternatively, leaflet delivery is a similar option.

Sell the stuff you don't want/use on ebay. They reckon every household has getting on for £4,000 worth of stuff they can get rid of and never miss. Car boots are another alternative.