Pimp My Wheelchair Project needs a new website or name?

Hi everyone.

As some of you may know I run a project called Pimp My Wheelchair Project, where I've been customising my wheelchair and displaying it at shows to raise money for charity. To expand the project CareCo Mobility have given me a brand new mobility scooter to do anything I'd like to.

The thing is I want my website etc to include the scooter more. Now I can't decide if I should set a new website up just for the scooter called Pimped Mobility Scooter or change the name of something like Pimp My Mobility Aid?

I'm open to suggestions.

Stick to Pimp My Wheelchair. Easy to remember, says it all.

Two suggestions.

Pimp Mobility

Mobility Pimped

If you decide on a New website wouldn't that involve some extra cost? Could you not just change the name of the site and have a redirect or would that cost too? As you can tell I do not have a great deal of knowledge on website costs.

Just had a look at the websites via the links. They both look really good.

Edited by Margarita Ma

I build my own websites so makes it easier lol. I did want to buy pimp my wheelchair.Co.uk but I don't know how I could contact the owner

honestly, pimp my wheelchair.Co.uk is too long, a domain should be as short as possible, easier to remember, easier to spell, easier to spread the word....

similarly, you shouldn't have too much content on your site - the average user doesn't scroll past the first page....

honestly, pimp my wheelchair.Co.uk is too long, a domain should be as short as possible, easier to remember, easier to spell, easier to spread the word....

similarly, you shouldn't have too much content on your site - the average user doesn't scroll past the first page....

Not so sure these days that the web address is even that critical. Most people use a search engine to get to even the most obvious of sites, amazon being one of the top searches on Google. I'd say concentrate on making the website appear high in Google searches on keywords (perhaps not 'pimp' :hihi:) rather than paying anything above standard domain rates at a few pounds a year. If you can get the pimpmywheelchair.co.uk site for a cheap rate then get it regardless just because it's a great name!

WHOIS says it's owned by a guy in the Netherlands and it expires in August so if you can wait that long then you can simply buy it then unless he/she renews:

https://who.is/whois/pimpmywheelchair.co.uk

Or nominet have made .uk addresses available now (just .uk not co.uk) and pimpmywheelchair.uk is available (sorry for the GoDaddy link but they have it for 99p a year)

https://uk.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?checkAvail=1&tmskey=&domainToCheck=pimpmywheelchair&tld=.uk&key=dpp_leaf_uk

Edited by sgtkate

Seems a huge waste of money to have separate domains, but to each their own I guess.