Tents on Park Sq Roundabout

What a first impression of the city for visitors entering sheffield from the Parkway , an outdoor squat.

This is not Calais . Come on SCC , do something useful for once and get rid of this eyesore ASAP.

We'd all rather they prosecuted you for tax evasion.

I think the idea with the first camp at Park Hill flats in the derelict section was people living in tents but right next too them was former social housing left to rot that could be reused.

I get why the camp was set up at that location the second could be making it more visible to the masses as they drive by . I agree homeless needs to be more addressed its not an easy problem to solve but dotted about Sheffield are buildings that could be reused for shelter.

"Are there no prisons, are there no workhouses ?" lol

Edited by TORONTONY

:D I read that on a matchbox back in the late 70's :cool:

I was simply highlighting the SAFE area on a usually busy roundabout. The access area is legally non existent and the whole thing will end up on deaf ears.

An impact would be to camp out at a homeless housing benefits officers house - right in the front garden!! Or roadside verge :hihi: Now THAT would make an impact.

There is no job role of "Homeless Housing Benefits Officer" so I'm not sure who you are referring to here. You would need to identify who are the people who make the big decisions about what services are offered to rough sleepers and target them.

"Are there no prisons, are there no workhouses ?" lol

That's next on the governments list:help:

---------- Post added 12-02-2017 at 09:55 ----------

What a first impression of the city for visitors entering sheffield from the Parkway , an outdoor squat.

This is not Calais . Come on SCC , do something useful for once and get rid of this eyesore ASAP.

I bet your a right bugle of laughts - not :D

Hopefully they will be evicted soon. Looks an eyesore.

You are vile.

You are vile.

"...Outreach workers have spent a lot of time at Tent City and, to the very best of our knowledge, everyone sleeping there either has somewhere to stay or has been offered accommodation...."

Lets get em cleared off the land.

What a great idea camping on park Square roundabout. What a great location. In walking distance to the city's Swimming pool , theatres, shops , city library and cinema plus loads of great restaurants and bars . Perfect for trams , buses .

How would you go about putting your own tent on there . Plus does anyone know if you can get wifi on the island . . I'm sure this island will be on trip advisor very soon .

What an embarrassment. Get it shifted asap.

Also this is dangerous camping on here as it is a big distraction to drivers on such a busy roundabout . Its an accident waiting to happen ..as we all know Sheffield is a really nice place with loads of greenland . So why don't they go and set there tents up in a park or a field somewhere.. This is attention seeking behaviour at its best.

Lets get em cleared off the land.

Perhaps they can pitch up on your garden?

---------- Post added 12-02-2017 at 19:29 ----------

This is attention seeking behaviour at its best.

The fact that we have so many rough sleepers deserves attention. :huh: