Tents on Park Sq Roundabout

Just seen a couple of men clutching a beer can apiece worse for where, trying to cross the road to the canal side at rush hour. Nearly caused a RTA.

Can you answer the question?

Yes........

Yes........

I'm sure we're all waiting for you to do so. :roll:

The number of people dropping food off etc is incredible but i see them root through it and throw lots away. This happens daily.

sign the petition to get Sheffield a night shelter people. change.org and then search Sheffield night shelter and it will come up

The number of people dropping food off etc is incredible but i see them root through it and throw lots away. This happens daily.

You're spending a lot of time watching then?

There's no single reason why homelessness is on the increase. There are people with dogs who can't access hostels, because there's no provision for pets. There are people with alcohol and drug dependencies who can't stay in hostels because no drink or drugs are allowed. There are people who just can't manage to maintain tenancies, some of whom need support that just isn't there.

Some are victims of family breakdown, and those with no disabilities, chronic illnesses or dependents have no priority for help from local authorities. Others have been sanctioned, some of those will be genuine cases where the DWP has made an error, or whose case is in limbo. Some won't have followed the procedure, maybe because they need help to fill in forms etc but don't know how to get it. Some may have previously been in social housing but run up excessive arrears which may preclude them from further tenancies. Some genuinely don't want the responsibility of having a home, and using their money for what the majority consider essentials. Often again, that's because of addiction. Some are not homeless, but beg to increase their income.

Those who are really concerned can donate to Ben's Centre, the Archer Project, Shelter, or any other genuine organisations that can help. As I no longer know the real situation why someone is on the street, that's what I do now. Recently a person I assumed to be homeless was begging outside the Tesco near the Cathedral. I gave her a little money, then asked if she was aware of the Archer, she knew more about it than me. From what she said, I gathered amongst the expletives, that she was banned from there. I don't know if she was homeless, or merely trying to get money.

Many people are very gullible.

Many people are very compassionate.

Those who are really concerned can donate to Ben's Centre, the Archer Project, Shelter, or any other genuine organisations that can help.

Thats the best way. I would never give money to them directly. I know just how many of them aren't actually homeless and are just conning people.

Thats the best way. I would never give money to them directly. I know just how many of them aren't actually homeless and are just conning people.

How do you know?