Tents on Park Sq Roundabout

I think they've drawn only negative attention to a problem the isn't s big as they want people to think.

I've just been in Sheffield City Centre at 10.0 clock at night for the first time in ages, and i was shocked at what I saw. In various locations, one elderly woman and at least 5 men, some already asleep in doorways, the rest just sitting quietly propped up against the wall. None were hassling for money, but all looked lost and hopeless in their shabby clothes, and resigned to a night in the cold and dark.

For whatever reasons, yes, there are homeless people in Sheffield.

And many of them choose to be homeless , by turning down offers of help and accommodation , because they wont apply to the conditions that come with these offers of help, IE , no drink or drugs .

I think they've drawn only negative attention to a problem the isn't s big as they want people to think.

Perhaps from people like you who don't give a stuff... But not from everyone normal.

---------- Post added 14-02-2017 at 18:07 ----------

And many of them choose to be homeless , by turning down offers of help and accommodation , because they wont apply to the conditions that come with these offers of help, IE , no drink or drugs .

And the numbers of homeless people has increased hugely in the last 5 years, why do you think that is?

I thought i was going to be lodging with them tonight with the length of time i was stuck on park square roundabout this evening.Total gridlock tonight and they were all sat on their chairs outside with a cup of tea.First time ive noticed them today as im usually too busy driving.

Perhaps from people like you who don't give a stuff... But not from everyone normal.

---------- Post added 14-02-2017 at 18:07 ----------

And the numbers of homeless people has increased hugely in the last 5 years, why do you think that is?

Why dont you tell us. Inform us of the facts and it might move on the debate.

You obviously have a source with reasonings for your statistic.....right?

Having read all the posts, I think we should be grateful we have a roof over our heads. Remember the saying 'the but for the grace of God go I'

Come on SCC , do something useful for once and get rid of this eyesore ASAP.

Dear Comrade Penny :wave:

Make your mind up, eh flower ?

Yer criticise t'council fer doin' nowt abaht these folk.

All the while tha criticises t'council fer doin' summat abaht them folk mekkin a fuss abaht some dying trees.

Mek tha bloody mind up eh :roll:

Why should I tell you? You're not disputing that numbers have increased are you? Beyond that, I don't think the rules of debate mean that I need to explain to you why that is.

Why should I tell you? You're not disputing that numbers have increased are you? Beyond that, I don't think the rules of debate mean that I need to explain to you why that is.

Mmmm, I thought as much :suspect:

You thought as much what?

ARE YOU DISPUTING THAT THE NUMBERS HAVE INCREASED??????????????

Yes or No?

I never claimed to have an answer as to why they have increased, so why do you expect me to explain it?

Ecconoob answered a question with a question, and you seem to think that I should answer it...

You thought as much what?

ARE YOU DISPUTING THAT THE NUMBERS HAVE INCREASED??????????????

Yes or No?

I never claimed to have an answer as to why they have increased, so why do you expect me to explain it?

Ecconoob answered a question with a question, and you seem to think that I should answer it...

No need to shout darling :)

I don't know what its all about, and I don't pretend to either but the number of cars coming and going/people getting in and out of tents/in and out of the cars makes me question whether these are really homeless people. Some are parking up and then sitting outside the tent for a fag, having a little chat and the driving off??

Doesn't all add up to me.

Just saying before anyone gets on their high horse, and of course I could be wrong. Just my opinion.