Takeaway charge for delivery & wont bring to door

If you live in a block of flats you will have this problem. Its why the postboxes are all in the entrance lobby (usually) and you know this when you buy/rent the place so my sympathy is limited.

Would you expect your postman to enter the building and go around putting the mail through each and every door instead?

The difference is that you are paying for the service (rather than in your analogy, the sender of the mail).

Slightly off topic, but remember it was not so long ago the poor delivery driver from Dominos was murdered, so safety is always a consideration.

Sadly, there are some who care not for the life of others, nore for the results of there actions.

Dont order from them any more then and either cook yourself, use another take-away.

I understand from the drivers point of view becayse they wnat to eb delivering elsewhere as quickly as possible. If he only manages 4-5 deliveries an hour then 5 minutes coming up into a block of flats is extra time.

A friend of mine used to deliver and wouldnt enter into complexes like parkhill with bad reps for fear of being mugged etc and dont blame them.

We on the other hand dont have any problems with a normal house and address,delivered to the door piping hot everytime ! Lol

Then they should advise this when the order is taken and tell the customer that they would have to meet them. Don't ya think:|

Dont order from them any more then and either cook yourself, use another take-away.

I understand from the drivers point of view becayse they wnat to eb delivering elsewhere as quickly as possible. If he only manages 4-5 deliveries an hour then 5 minutes coming up into a block of flats is extra time.

Then he needs a new job title doesn't he, The 'nearly delivered driver' perhaps?

With that theory he may as well wait at the shop as each delivery takes time he could be spending going elsewhere.

I can understand not going all way up a block of flats that's almost fair enough, but not being bothered to go to the door and ring the buzzer.. lazy and disrespectful

Then he needs a new job title doesn't he, The 'nearly delivered driver' perhaps?

With that theory he may as well wait at the shop as each delivery takes time he could be spending going elsewhere.

I can understand not going all way up a block of flats that's almost fair enough, but not being bothered to go to the door and ring the buzzer.. lazy and disrespectful

IF the person isnt happy then he should simply take his custom elsewhere.

Not sure why you wouldnt go and ring the buzzer or how does he know he has arrived? If he contacts by phone and says he's by the entrance then how are they ever going to do the transaction. Honestly I think its quite a petty moan. Lifes too short.

More than likely it's due to safety issues. I remember a mate telling me about when he used to deliver to the old Kelvin Flats.....every time his vehicle would get broken into, as they knew he'd be gone at least 10 mins.

If you live in a block of flats you will have this problem. Its why the postboxes are all in the entrance lobby (usually) and you know this when you buy/rent the place so my sympathy is limited.

Would you expect your postman to enter the building and go around putting the mail through each and every door instead?

I used to live on the 9th floor of a tower block and my post always got put through my letter box.

There are lifts in most flats so how is it longer or harder than walking around an estate to put post through each and every door?

i used to live on park hill way back in the day, never had a problem with deliverys ect

I believe if you order a takeaway and you are paying an extra charge for delivery there should be no problem. When you live in a large flat complex especially ones like West One there are multiple problems for delivery drivers. These blocks often have different entrances or are on different streets, we live in a flats complex, 3 blocks, 6 flats per block. The confusion that used to cause City Cars was amazing....it took years to get them to arrive at the right place at the right time. Usually they never turned up at all. However take away drivers always found us or used their initiative and called us for exact locations. They also walk up 6 flights of stairs. You can't knock Takeaway driver's when you live in large complexes. As for the Domino's delivery driver, l would have told hime to do one, not paid and sent him away, lazy git!

This is my biggest problem with living in a flat. The drivers won't even come into the carpark never mind to the downstairs door or use the lift! The postman always manages to get the mail through the front door.

You have paid for delivery - he should deliver the food if not, tell him to refund you and take it back and let him explain to the restaurant why he has had to return and waste the food!