Takeaway charge for delivery & wont bring to door

Ive just moved to Park Hill and ordered a chinese from the same place that we ordered from at our last place. They charge £2 for delivery but its really nice food so we dont mind. And i still give the driver a little tip.

So about an hour of waiting he called me and said he was down in the carpark and could i come get my food. I said ring the buzzer and i'll let him in. He said he they dont deliver to the front door and that i had to come down.

I was a bit miffed as i was in my comfy clothes, watching the foootball so had to get dressed to go in the lift down to get my food. I called the chinese and asked what the £2 charge was for? As the food was only delivered half way to my home. They said it was at the discretion of the driver.

How did we get to this state when you have to wait over an hour for your food and they dont bring it to your door.

I just think its bad service especially when you're spending over £20 on food

Edited by SkylinePhoto

I'd be more annoyed about waiting an hour for a take away than having to get out of my PJs. Pet hate of mine a long wait for a takeaway, its like the moment has passed when you eventually get it.

Similar situation when I lived at Wards Brewery.... It was such a lottery if the food would actually make it to the door or if I'd have to chase round outside trying to find the driver. In the end I concluded it was best to go and collect it myself.

A friend of mine used to deliver and wouldnt enter into complexes like parkhill with bad reps for fear of being mugged etc and dont blame them.

We on the other hand dont have any problems with a normal house and address,delivered to the door piping hot everytime ! Lol

Edited by Starlc

Similar situation when I lived at Wards Brewery.... It was such a lottery if the food would actually make it to the door or if I'd have to chase round outside trying to find the driver. In the end I concluded it was best to go and collect it myself.

Exactly, i can have my food within 30mins if i collect but that defeats the object of ordering a takeway.

I might as well just got the supermarket and buy a takeaway box for a fraction of the price.

Isn't 2 quid excessive too, especially on a 20 quid order?

My old house mate used to order Dominoes on a weekly basis. The driver was so lazy he'd phone him to say he was outside, then make him retrieve the pizza from the boot. Wouldn't even get out of the car! Made me laugh every time.

My old house mate used to order Dominoes on a weekly basis. The driver was so lazy he'd phone him to say he was outside, then make him retrieve the pizza from the boot. Wouldn't even get out of the car! Made me laugh every time.

Yeah. At my old place they used to say they were outside and you'd end up standing on your doorsteps in the snow for 5 mins.

Maybe alot of these delivery drivers used to work for City Taxis

A friend of mine used to deliver and wouldnt enter into complexes like parkhill with bad reps for fear of being mugged etc and dont blame them.

We on the other hand dont have any problems with a normal house and address,delivered to the door piping hot everytime ! Lol

I worked for Dominoes in my Uni years. We used to call (Using the managers phone! As people didn't all have mobiles back then). People used to rob the drivers, steal the bikes and vandalise the cars. Usually in known areas or tower blocks, it wasn't the usual thing but better safe than sorry!

I had this problem when living in West One in town. The drivers didn't even come up to the door and ring the buzzer as there was an annoying ramp leading up to it and alot of the time they got the wrong block or street.

The only driver that used to ring the buzzer and come in / wait near the lift used to get a tip every time. He even came up to the 7th floor once, that was a nice surprise.

If you live in a block of flats you will have this problem. Its why the postboxes are all in the entrance lobby (usually) and you know this when you buy/rent the place so my sympathy is limited.

Would you expect your postman to enter the building and go around putting the mail through each and every door instead?

If you live in a block of flats you will have this problem. Its why the postboxes are all in the entrance lobby (usually) and you know this when you buy/rent the place so my sympathy is limited.

Would you expect your postman to enter the building and go around putting the mail through each and every door instead?

Excellent point.

I've often come home on a Friday and thought ''Can't be bothered to read my emails, I think I'll phone up the Royal Mail, get them to send a postman out with some mail for me in 45 minutes or less'' only to get annoyed when he rings me up to come downstairs to fetch my letter.

It isn't difficult is it. The Dominoes fella isn't turning up for food for the entire block of flats he has one place to go, just because there's some stairs in the way shouldn't particularly stop them. I mean it doesn't fuss me because it's not a problem I have, but I can see why people would be annoyed, the whole beauty is not having to do anything and you can be lazy about it.