McLaren Cars opening a factory in Sheffield

The building seems to part of Sheffield Business Park which is in what looks like Tinsley Park by the road signs so I am going to be calling it Tinsley Park from now on.

Thank God Blunkett isn't in charge anymore he would have farted on it big time.

I was unaware that David Blunkett was in charge of Sheffield/Rotherham (depending on where this actually is!) planning decisions. When was this?

The Manor World Endurance Championship team are now based in Banbury Oxfordshire.

Under the new Chinese banner CEFC MANOR TRS RACING they are racing in the 2017 World Endurance Championship and the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Oh, and just like Dinnington was in Rotherham so will be the McLaren facility.

---------- Post added 09-02-2017 at 07:23 ----------

Also, in the offices at Brown Bailey steels (they pulled it down to build the Don Valley stadium, and now they have pulled that down) having to wipe the fine layer of grit off your desk that would collect on it overnight...

If you look how much a McLaren supercar cost - the cheapest around £145000 a profit is guaranteed!

Well the bloke from McLaren seems to think he's in Sheffield on this lunchtime's BBC news as he spoke about and praised the 3 way partnership between McLaren, Sheffield University and Sheffield Council.

belligerence can you not remember Blunkett and his looney lefties who put this city with his Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire nonsense back 20 years. Who in their right minds would have invested anything in a city run by idiots like them.

Julie Dore`s lapdog Leigh Bramall is on look north at the minute trying to take the glory for this.

exactly, great news for the local area and all some berks can do is whinge about whether it's in one place or another :loopy:

In Victorian times it was Sheffield near Rotherham, then the big steelworks started to prosper and Rotherham has been in their shadow ever since. While Sheffield has 530000 people, Rotherham has a 255000 population so we are hardly a little village and dwarfs Cambridge, Oxford and Windsor: just see how they would react if lumped together with another city/town. It is a case of local pride - God knows the idiots on RMBC have done their utmost to make us ashamed to admit to the town where we were born and live. We have 3 MPs who would rather sue a UKIP MEP than put any energy into finding and bringing to justice those responsible for prolonging the child exploitation scandal. So if you bare this in mind that is why we want Rotherham to get the praise it deserves! If the Blades win promotion see what the response would be if TV crews rather than go to Bramall Lane, only went to Hillsborough asking "are you looking forward to more local derby matches?"

GJ by the University and whatever role the council played.

Julie Dore`s lapdog Leigh Bramall is on look north at the minute trying to take the glory for this.

I'm expecting Lord Bobar to show up and take all the credit, Comrade Penny.

People seem to forget the Advanced Manufacturing Park is in ROTHERHAM!

It didn't take long :rolleyes:

Sheffield postal address, Rotherham borough, Worksop (Nottinghamshire) phone number.

It's a village in it's own right, neither in Sheffield nor Rotherham.

Dinnington is a Town not a village. Postcode is S25 so you can see its not Sheffield. Yes, the postal address does have Sheffield in it, as does Laughton. Both are on the 01909 telephone exchange. I have no idea why that is, causes no end of confusion. Dinnington is in Rotherham, pay council tax to Rotherham etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinnington_Town_F.C.

Did it's legal status get changed sometimes recently from village to town? If it did, I didn't get the memo, and my parents live in that village.

Edit - yes it was.

In 2003 Dinnington was declared a town as part of an attempt to attract more investment and improve the local economy.

Not exactly recently, but apparently it happened.

Slightly OT, but I don't think this is accurate.

Anston railway station opened on 20 May 1912 and closed on 2 December 1929. However, Kiveton Park railway station, is on the southern edge of Anston and only takes around five minutes to get to the station from the centre of the village. Strangely, the nearby village of Kiveton Park is served by Kiveton Bridge railway station, which is in the centre of the village, but the station which is named after Kiveton Park is actually in South Anston.

Kiveton Park is it's own postal address, the railway station is in Kiveton Park, hence the name, not "actually in South Anston".

Edited by Cyclone

One article says its at the AMRC, but another says its on the airport , which is Sheffield Business Park isn't it?

Its correct it will be built in the AMRC which covers the wider area.

I understand it will be built on the Rotherham side of the Parkway.