Windows 10 free download

Could anyone tell me please is it still possible to get free windows 10 ? Thanks

Thank you for that but I am thick as pudding with computers so I wouldn't be able to do it!!

You have missed the free upgrade so will need to purchase a copy of Windows 10 but before you go ahead, check that your computer is going to run it OK. How old is it and what is the operating system? If it is Windows 8.1 then an upgrade to W10 should be OK. If it is older you should take steps to find out if your machine is capable of handling the upgrade.

Have a read of this, not sure how current it is though.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

The article says 5th Jan 2017 so I would have thought it would still work. I'm sure I heard that Microsoft are focussing more on businesses hence them not heing so bothered about consumers paying for the upgrade. Also the issues of vunerabilities in older software causing problems for their corporate clients, easier and more secure if everyone was on the latest version of Windows.

What is written in the article is not difficult to do, I wonder if the OP has a friend of family member to help?

Could anyone tell me please is it still possible to get free windows 10 ? Thanks

In a round about way you can still get W10 for free

I have used this method and it gets you W10 legitimately if you already have W7 or W8.1 (don't think it works with W8 ).

https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer-assistive-features/

Edited by alankearn

In a round about way you can still get W10 for free

I have used this method and it gets you W10 legitimately if you already have W7 or W8.1 (don't think it works with W8).

https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer-assistive-features/

Did this yesterday, upgraded to 10 from 8.1 on a linx tablet. No problems at all.

Mick

Did someone just say you have to pay for Windows , 7 , 8 , 10 :confused:

It's not worth the hassle to pirate it these days, for £20 there is no point.

Thank you to everyone who supplied the various information and links. The assistive technologies option is still working but when I tried it, the message came up that it would leave files in place. I wanted a clean install upgrade from Windows 7 so it wasn't suitable. In the end, W10 installed ok, and activated using the Media Creation Tool.

Edited by Jomie