Proposed new school across the road, where can I voice my concerns?

Your house will probably increase in value once the school opens with parents wanting to move to catchment areas.

It doesnt matter in the case of the OP, he only rents.

So the landlord will probably want to put the rent up :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Doubtful, I think. The topography is pretty challenging as it is, sloping as it does in most directions from the summit, so it leaves the architects with less room for manoeuvre than otherwise.

Yes, I have to say I previously replied to the OP without looking at the plans; having seen the location and general layout now, it does look like there's much scope for changing the layout.

So the landlord will probably want to put the rent up :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Although on the other hand it's far easier to up sticks and move to another place if you're renting.

The concerns being ... that you won't like it?

That's not a valid concern from the point of view of planning.

it's not just that I won't like it, it will limit certain things, like reduce the amount of sunlight I get (which is very little as it is) - and cause noise in area (which at the moment is reasonable quiet)

Could you have tried being at work whilst the kids were at school?

for some of us with Disabilities, it's not always an option - I am looking at getting back into work but will take a while, but if I end up on some night shifts, then i'll be cursing the school if it keeps me awake during the day!

There is no right to light except in quite limited circumstances, and the idea that a school causes excessive noise isn't likely to fly. It's ONLY open during the day, for really quite limited hours and the children are indoors for the majority of the day.

it's not just that I won't like it, it will limit certain things, like reduce the amount of sunlight I get (which is very little as it is) - and cause noise in area (which at the moment is reasonable quiet)

for some of us with Disabilities, it's not always an option - I am looking at getting back into work but will take a while, but if I end up on some night shifts, then i'll be cursing the school if it keeps me awake during the day!

Are you in private or social housing Ghozer?

I used to live in a house which backed onto a school. If I was ever at home during the day, I used to hear the kids playing at lunchtime (which wasn't unpleasant). It was also busy for less than 30 minutes at the beginning or end of the day, but that was to do with cars dropping off and picking up the kids (so I avoided arriving by car at those times). And these were at term times only. It really wasn't an issue.

The traffic was the only problem. The kids themselves were fine.

If the council have made Plans you can 100% guarantee its going ahead , things like petitions help but in long run it will be built im sorry to say

The traffic was the only problem. The kids themselves were fine.

That's already a problem round here, nowhere to park, people parking fully on the pavement, because roads are only 1 car wide etc....