Fund the NHS adequately

Maybe, just maybe.. we should have some form of means testing whereby those that earn more pay more in NI contributions.

NI is paid as a % of income... :confused:

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 16:07 ----------

Pharmacists are against it because they can’t now charge the nhs £8 plus for a box of paracetamol. Long overdue this rule I say....

Do you imagine that the £8 charge is retained by the pharmacist?

NI is paid as a % of income... :confused:

But it is fixed and not on a sliding scale dependent on what you earn.

From what I can gather if you are in normal employment and earn up to £892 PW you pay 12%. If you earn over £892 PW you then only pay an extra 2% on that.

I think that is right, please correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I can gather if you are in normal employment and earn up to £892 PW you pay 12%. If you earn over £892 PW you then only pay an extra 2% on that.

Well yes, the % is fixed but clearly the more you earn the more you pay.

Edited by stifflersmom

Have I seen it right,Boots the company charging nhs £3200 for tablets what can be bought for a quid,who is sanctioning this payment.

Have I seen it right,Boots the company charging nhs £3200 for tablets what can be bought for a quid,who is sanctioning this payment.

It's probably a PFI thing going on.

Probably some high paid executive :(

It's cheaper to buy these products over the counter than to pay the prescription charge, so what's the problem?

Dont most people with a good income take the easiest route?

Would most buy from the supermarket becasuse its easier, because they shop there anyway. The bananas are cheaper in the market, but can you be bothered to walk to the market?

Yes, that's right. Higher earners don't have to pay as much of their income. if this "upper earnings limit" were abolished, it would be a fairer system and there would be more money for the NHS etc.

Boots owner denies overcharging NHS for cancer mouthwash

An investigation by the Times newspaper said the high street chemist charged the NHS £3,220 for the medicinal mouthwash, which can cost £93.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44263620

Should all shoppers boycott Boots?

One health authority was reported to be paying invoices for rubber gloves costing £25.00 a pair, the NHS appears to be fair game for fraudsters, perhaps a bit of home cleaning is in order before taxes are increased just to give the fraudsters a pay rise.

One health authority was reported to be paying invoices for rubber gloves costing £25.00 a pair, the NHS appears to be fair game for fraudsters, perhaps a bit of home cleaning is in order before taxes are increased just to give the fraudsters a pay rise.

I do think it's wrong but in what way is it fraud? Presumably the NHS know what it's buying.. ie the rubber gloves will be sold as such..maybe the buyers should be having a good look at themselves...for something as standard as gloves this shouldn't be a problem..bit more difficult for "special" drugs/equipment I suppose

Edited by truman