Rescued dog attacking one of my other dogs

The only thing i could add to ccit post is maybe a muzzle. The cage type not the cloth ones. This way they can still interact without the danger of damage to you or your otherdogs.

Just a couple of thoughts. Perhaps you could separate them with a child or dog safety gate to give your older dog a break. Also we were advised when re-homing our 2nd Labrador to always let the newer dog into the house first to avoid territory fights. This seemed against my natural instincts but apparently by treating the aggressor as the dominant dog i.e feeding him first, stroking him first etc you are essentially supporting the natural order of the pack and there is less stress and aggression all around.

Remove the dog that causes the problem as soon as as it starts trouble and leave it in a separate room for a few minutes before bringing it back in. Do this every time and the dog will begin to understand that it cannot behave that way. Don't get hung up on dominance and pack order, your dog will learn right from wrong if you're prepared to teach it.

Hi , just an update of the issue . I got a dog training collar as a last resort . Told the aggressive dog " no " whenever he stared or raised his lip to my other dog . Second "no" and pressed the control button ( only used vibration setting ) and everything is peaceful in our household now . Well worth a try for anyone else needing help

Hi , just an update of the issue . I got a dog training collar as a last resort . Told the aggressive dog " no " whenever he stared or raised his lip to my other dog . Second "no" and pressed the control button ( only used vibration setting ) and everything is peaceful in our household now . Well worth a try for anyone else needing help ��

So you've opted to punish bad behaviour rather than reinforce good.

The use of such a device has helped you deal with the issue but at a cost to the dog. It still has the problem that initiated the behaviour so now the poor animal has two problems because it is being punished for the first one.