Naseem Hamed sentenced to 15 months & 4 year driving ban - now released

It seemed more of an insight as to how fantastic the car was and how it wasn't his fault that's why I said what I said Abdul. If none of the abov suggestions made by me are wrong them I apologise, but only if I am wrong:)

It seemed more of an insight as to how fantastic the car was and how it wasn't his fault that's why I said what I said Abdul. If none of the abov suggestions made by me are wrong them I apologise, but only if I am wrong:)

Yet that is the reason Nas walked away in one piece from a severe headon collision - because the SLR is an incredible piece of automotive engineering.

It's difficult not to admire the SLR for what it is (or at least, what it is supposed to do on a racetrack!).

But the incident was nobody's fault other than the driver of the SLR

Does your apology still stand? If so, I'll graciously accept it :)

as a boxer he was fantastic but i dont ever remember him publicly showing any gratitude to brendan ingle for what he did for him...and as far as brendan is concerned why wasnt he given a knighthood???john major got one and all he did was give us 15per cent interest rates which made many people lose their homes (and at the same time nonchalantly state.."well if it isnt hurting it isnt working)not to mention cause i dont know how many companies to go bust...yes..his puppet on spitting image was just about right...maybe he got the knighthood because of his rumpy pumpy with edwina...lets face it you would want a knighthood for that..either a knighthood or a medal as big as a frying pan

Shouldn't you show a little more respect for the victim, and refer to him as *Mr* Burgin? Similarly *Naseem* would be better described as *Hamed*.

Believe it or not, I was writing that post from a neutral point of view...

perhaps I should have written a disclaimer to that effect!

Yet that is the reason Nas walked away in one piece from a severe headon collision - because the SLR is an incredible piece of automotive engineering.

It's difficult not to admire the SLR for what it is (or at least, what it is supposed to do on a racetrack!).

But the incident was nobody's fault other than the driver of the SLR

Does your apology still stand? If so, I'll graciously accept it :)

I'm still at stranded at two ends here simply because it reads almost as if this is some advertising feature on how super duper the SLR is. A bit less plugging about the car and more on how Nazeem should not have used it on the wrong side of the road at speeds of what now seem according to police investigations of over 100 MPH then I'll consider it some more. Because I'll say one thing, the way you are talking about this car and how great it apparently is (do you work for the wonderful people behind this machanical marvel? I ask because you seem to know so much about it and the reasons behind why Naz purchased it) it seems like good old Naz has more money than sense....Not that we didn't know that already.....Because although he has spent loads of money on such a car to protect himself (total ignorance and selfish actions I must say, makes him sound a right self concerned pig) why not think about how to drive it once behind it's wheel and think about the other law abiding motorists and drive it safely instead of like a raving lunatic?

Abdul's excellent and highly informative post about the SLR begs another question:are such cars indirectly a danger to other road users?

In other words, if a driver knows that, in the event of a bad crash, he will walk away unscathed, will this not make him (consciously or unconsciously) more reckless at the wheel than otherwise?. This would likely to be particularly true of someone like Naz, who has a history of irresponsible and utterly selfish driving behaviour.

Lord C, i don't imagine that the car had much bearing on Hamed's irresponsibility. If you're going to drive like a cretin, you can do that in a mini, as easily as a porsche. I suspect that this would likely be the case in Hamed's situation.

once a cretin, always a cretin.

PT

Abdul's excellent and highly informative post about the SLR begs another question:are such cars indirectly a danger to other road users?

In other words, if a driver knows that, in the event of a bad crash, he will walk away unscathed, will this not make him (consciously or unconsciously) more reckless at the wheel than otherwise?. This would likely to be particularly true of someone like Naz, who has a history of irresponsible and utterly selfish driving behaviour.

I do believe I have read (though idon't have any links or reports to offer up as proof) that, the more safety features are built into cars, the more protected people feel, the more risks people take. The general improvements in car technology haven't shown a proportional reduction in the rate of death. People just become proportionately more reckless.

I think there is also a tendency to view car safety in terms of 'me and my family' rather than the other people on the road you might 'interact' with. I suppose it's a human tendency to only see others as being in the wrong, not to expect that you yourself will be the cause of something.

Please don't interpret that as a defence of Naz, though. What he did was in a league of its own and was despicable. I would definitely like to see road 'murder' (or 'attempted') taken more seriously.

He deserves a Longer Sentence.. 15 months aint enough for him.. just coz he was a Boxer and a champion don't mean he can get off lightly with this.. he sould get Banged up for atleast 15 years and not 15 months..

just think of the poor person who is suffering with milti broken bones and probably life at risk..

He is Sick and needs to be dealed with..

Yep, perhaps the 2007 NCAP crash test results should be updated to include 1800kg of prime German engineering fired directly at you at speeds of 90mph+ :huh:

I'm sure that Mercedes engineers will be studying the SLR wreckage for some years to come...

perhaps they could fit this into the equation whilst studying it

one fast expensive car, one jumped up arrogant little git who fancies himself, as a driver = one crashed car,one jail sentance one decent family wiped out because of some rich blokes arrogance......feed that in and the out put may come out,.....never sell a powerfull car to somebody who wants to be somebody,they use their money to buy their way in to things, at one time they were good but their ego overtook them, now they are criminals,because of their own ego,he had a future,but he lacked the work to get there, he had a run of good luck and now he ias living on what he was,not what he is now,a common crimminal , you cant educate them can you ? theres only so far you can bring them on,remember the days when he was on video,walking in front of the tanks and the army ? the iraquies got a pasting just after from the yanks and he kept his head down,hasnt done anything for years since he got pasted in the ring,but he still wants to play the celeb, on the news the other day as he was going into court,he tried to act the hard man,shoving people out of the way,it was laughable,if he hadnt had the minders with him he would have gone into court through the back door

perhaps they could fit this into the equation whilst studying it

one fast expensive car, one jumped up arrogant little git who fancies himself, as a driver = one crashed car,one jail sentance one decent family wiped out because of some rich blokes arrogance......feed that in and the out put may come out,.....never sell a powerfull car to somebody who wants to be somebody,they use their money to buy their way in to things, at one time they were good but their ego overtook them, now they are criminals,because of their own ego,he had a future,but he lacked the work to get there, he had a run of good luck and now he ias living on what he was,not what he is now,a common crimminal , you cant educate them can you ? theres only so far you can bring them on,remember the days when he was on video,walking in front of the tanks and the army ? the iraquies got a pasting just after from the yanks and he kept his head down,hasnt done anything for years since he got pasted in the ring,but he still wants to play the celeb, on the news the other day as he was going into court,he tried to act the hard man,shoving people out of the way,it was laughable,if he hadnt had the minders with him he would have gone into court through the back door

Here here :hihi: :hihi: :thumbsup:

Maybe he needed his minders to hold both doors open long enough so he could squeeze that inflated head of his through the doorway?:o