Firwood Cottage, Reopening as The Blind Monkey

It just amazes me that you could go in a pub like that and not find a single drink you like.

I think some people would be better just buying the beer they like and drinking it at home - and then we’ll have no pubs.

We’ve lost 1000s already.

Why does it amaze you? There's nothing on that list I'd want to drink. Not saying there's anything wrong with them, they're all just too middle of the road for me. I don't need to stay at home to find decent beer, there's plenty of pubs that get through shedloads of beer (and rum) I do like. So much so that I feel no need to go in a pub with nothing interesting, however nice the pub itself may be

Why does it amaze you? There's nothing on that list I'd want to drink. Not saying there's anything wrong with them, they're all just too middle of the road for me. I don't need to stay at home to find decent beer, there's plenty of pubs that get through shedloads of beer (and rum) I do like. So much so that I feel no need to go in a pub with nothing interesting, however nice the pub itself may be

What he said. I hope the place does well (and Im sure it will) but theres nothing on that bar at the minute that would tempt me in. I dont want to drink mediocre beer, and there are plenty of places that sell beers I do want to drink. Unfortunately, so far, this isnt one of them.

Can anyone comment on the food menu?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Guest makapaka

I find that really strange.

That you like beer, you think there’s nothing wrong with the beer, you like the pub - but won’t go in the pub.

There’ll be no pubs to go to soon..

I find that really strange.

That you like beer, you think there’s nothing wrong with the beer, you like the pub - but won’t go in the pub.

There’ll be no pubs to go to soon..

'there's nothing wrong with the beer' is not the same as 'I like the beer'!

Trust me, I do plenty to support pubs, I'm just selective which ones I support. I support the ones who serve beer I actually like, as opposed to ones who serve beer that is merely not technically faulty

Guest makapaka
'there's nothing wrong with the beer' is not the same as 'I like the beer'!

Trust me, I do plenty to support pubs, I'm just selective which ones I support. I support the ones who serve beer I actually like, as opposed to ones who serve beer that is merely not technically faulty

Is there nothing in there that you would drink and enjoy?

On the list posted above, no. Not even close.

So unless they've got decent whisky or rum there's nothing to entice me (I rarely drink spirits in pubs anyway)

Is there nothing in there that you would drink and enjoy?

I popped in this evening and struggled to find a beer I would really enjoy. Had a quick pint and then retired to The Blake which has a superior choice of quality beverages. It was so loud in the BM too, not even that busy but the dB per person was just a bit too much for my ear drums... Good luck to.the place, I really hope it does well...

Guest makapaka

Well it’s up to you.

The pub is lovely inside and outside - I had a couple of pints that I enjoyed -there was a great atmosphere in the place aswell.

Had a great night.

Your loss.

Went today. The beer selction was poor, I suspect because they'd sold out of a couple of lines due to the massive demand over the weekend. I had Moonshine. It was well conditioned and I'm not averse to a pint of it, but it is ubiquitous. There was music....it meant we had to shout to have a conversation. The toilets are great and clean. There is a corridor bit between the fron door and the bar...why, it just gets clogged up with people stood in the way....get out of the way!!.

All in all, not bad, I'd happily include it on a Walkley crawl but I wouldn't stay in for more than one.

Well it’s up to you.

The pub is lovely inside and outside - I had a couple of pints that I enjoyed -there was a great atmosphere in the place aswell.

Had a great night.

Your loss.

That's good, I'm glad you enjoyed it (and I don't mean that as patronisingly as it looks in text!). I don't think the place is in any way bad. I'm just not on board with your comment a few posts back that seems to suggest one should support a pub just because it's a pub, no matter what it serves, or that if one is primarily concerned with what one is drinking one should drink bottles at home but also be blamed for pub closures... Like I say, I spend a lot of time and money in pubs, but while I'd be gutted if the pubs I frequent closed I feel no obligation to support a pub that doesn't offer me what I want

On the list posted above, no. Not even close.

So unless they've got decent whisky or rum there's nothing to entice me (I rarely drink spirits in pubs anyway)

And many of us are wine drinkers or would favour a nice G&T. Not everyone likes beer.