Firwood Cottage, Reopening as The Blind Monkey

I'll be in on Saturday arvo too, and have similar hopes re. the beer!

The video of the transformation is really good. The pub looks great and the beer garden will be fantastic if we ever get a summer. I noticed on the video as well as Farmers they had Boltmaker on, which is fine as far as it goes, but also a couple from Don Valley brewery, a stout and a pilsner.

The video of the transformation is really good. The pub looks great and the beer garden will be fantastic if we ever get a summer. I noticed on the video as well as Farmers they had Boltmaker on, which is fine as far as it goes, but also a couple from Don Valley brewery, a stout and a pilsner.

As the owners of The BM now also own Don Valley dont be suprised to see more of their lines.

Ribblehead, Gongoozler , Timothy Taylor’s Boltmaker as well as the Bradfield currently on offer as well as I think a Theakstons mild on the main bar. There are also a number of craft beers on the taps on the wall behind the bar one I think from Camden.

Edited by Veritas

There are also a number of craft beers on the taps on the wall behind the bar one I think from Camden.

point of order, Camden aren't craft - they're owned by AB-Inbred or whatever they're called now (and they were ****e before that anyway)

Guest makapaka

Really looking forward to going. Looks like they’ve done a great job and will be an asset to the area.

Well done to those involved.

Hopefully this time tomorrow there won’t be be a load of posts about the beer being wrong and it not being as good as pubs in Leeds - albeit it appears some have already made tentative efforts.

The lagers on tap are Pravha and Moretti

What was the other pub directly opposite the Firwood called & is it still going?

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 15:28 ----------

As the owners of The BM now also own Don Valley dont be suprised to see more of their lines.

Ribblehead, Gongoozler , Timothy Taylor’s Boltmaker as well as the Bradfield currently on offer as well as I think a Theakstons mild on the main bar. There are also a number of craft beers on the taps on the wall behind the bar one I think from Camden.

Beware the craft beers. Make sure they display the prices.

Just dodged paying £4.95 for a pint of craft IPA in the Broadfield.

The Belle Vue. Closed years ago.

Cheers. That's the one. I also remember the Freedom View not so far away.

The last time I was in those parts, I remember one of the owners of the Firwood had a nasty little yappy dog. Think it was a Jack Russell?

What was the other pub directly opposite the Firwood called & is it still going?

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 15:28 ----------

Beware the craft beers. Make sure they display the prices.

Just dodged paying £4.95 for a pint of craft IPA in the Broadfield.

Current offerings and prices per list

Ribblehead £2.70 although tonight Watson had replaced it

Gongoozler £2.70

T Taylor Boltmaker £3.40

Theakston's Mild £3.00

Camden Hells £3.50

Aspall Cider £3.50

Pravha 4% 3.00

Birra Moretti £4.00

Bottles 330 Ml

Budweiser £3.00

Camden Wit 4.3% £3.50

Camden Pils 4.6% £3.50

Holsten Pils £2.50 (275L)

Peroni Gluten Free £3.25

Bottles 500Ml all £4.50

Rekorderlig Mango & Rasperry 4%

Rekorderlig Wild Berry 4%

Rekorderlig Spicy Plum 4%

Well done to those involved.

Hopefully this time tomorrow there won’t be be a load of posts about the beer being wrong and it not being as good as pubs in Leeds - albeit it appears some have already made tentative efforts.

I was looking forward to going along, but if the beer choice is really, really poor then I'm not going to drink there. It looks great, I wish them well and I know some people think we should drink stuff we don't like just because the pub looks nice...but that isn't going to happen.

So I will pop in tomorrow, if there is something I fancy drinking I will have some. If not I will walk out and go The Blake, where I will be guaranteed something good to drink.

it was rammed tonight apparently. One in one out at 8 pm so a massive overspill into the WBC and Blake which were both knee deep at the bar. I'll give it a try when the hypes calmed down but plenty of new punters for the other pubs tonight at least.

Guest makapaka
I was looking forward to going along, but if the beer choice is really, really poor then I'm not going to drink there. It looks great, I wish them well and I know some people think we should drink stuff we don't like just because the pub looks nice...but that isn't going to happen.

So I will pop in tomorrow, if there is something I fancy drinking I will have some. If not I will walk out and go The Blake, where I will be guaranteed something good to drink.

It just amazes me that you could go in a pub like that and not find a single drink you like.

I think some people would be better just buying the beer they like and drinking it at home - and then we’ll have no pubs.

We’ve lost 1000s already.