Should we have more veg and fruit community gardens ?

I think so. My grandad used to grow alsorts of veg. I'm really disappointed that I can't seem to get any Iceberg Lettuce.

Can't we buy fruit and veg from countries such as America, Egypt, Australia or are we not allowed to do this because of EU rules? The cost of flying them into this country could put the price up a bit more.

When we leave the EU we need to be a bit more self sufficient and start to produce more in this country, even if it is not the more exotic food.

When we leave the EU we need to be a bit more self sufficient and start to produce more in this country, even if it is not the more exotic food.

Indeed, I expect Mother Theresa May will seize landbanked areas of the country and hand it over to subsistence farmers that will grow turnips, beetroot and sprouts all year round.

I hope you Brexiters are fully aware of the drop in living standards that could occur; just please don't blame the foreigners this time.

mmm... sprouts.

what shortage do you mean out of season veg friut food?

The imported stuff .

---------- Post added 05-02-2017 at 09:49 ----------

Can't we buy fruit and veg from countries such as America, Egypt, Australia or are we not allowed to do this because of EU rules? The cost of flying them into this country could put the price up a bit more.

Their is land but the government wants nice new shiny houses instead of food production great policy. :huh:

A lot of you seem to be revelling in some sort of perverted 'Dunkirk' spirit, as if we must hunker down in the face of unassailable odds, and make the best of things.

You are like someone who had burned his house down, and is sitting in the ashes shouting 'there, that showed you how much I needed you didn't it !!'

A lot of you seem to be revelling in some sort of perverted 'Dunkirk' spirit, as if we must hunker down in the face of unassailable odds, and make the best of things.

You are like someone who had burned his house down, and is sitting in the ashes shouting 'there, that showed you how much I needed you didn't it !!'

Brexit Food Security Policy:

Burn down your house (and your foreign neighbours').

Build an allotment amongst the ashes.

Grow sprouts.

Easy! Who needs foreign trade anyway?

mmm... sprouts.

First a shortage of lettuce, and now they're saying broccoli might be under threat.

FYI, people will still do smelly farts even if there's a shortage of sprouts!:hihi:

First a shortage of lettuce, and now they're saying broccoli might be under threat.

FYI, people will still do smelly farts even if there's a shortage of sprouts!:hihi:

There was plenty of broccoli in the shops yesterday, although I noticed there was a price increase. Will just have to see what happens in the next few weeks.

There was plenty of broccoli in the shops yesterday, although I noticed there was a price increase. Will just have to see what happens in the next few weeks.

Bless.

That's Brexit Policy for the forseeable future, isn't it?

Hey Nige', what's the economy gonna be like after Brexit ?

We'll just have to wait and see.

Hey Nige', what's food security gonna be like after Brexit ?

Hey Nige', what's energy security gonna be like after Brexit ?

Hey Nige', what's world security gonna be like after Brexit ?

Hey Nige', do you have a clue what's going on ?

The Brexiters got us into this mess.

They can get us out, can't they ?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Indeed, I expect Mother Theresa May will seize landbanked areas of the country and hand it over to subsistence farmers that will grow turnips, beetroot and sprouts all year round.

I hope you Brexiters are fully aware of the drop in living standards that could occur; just please don't blame the foreigners this time.

mmm... sprouts.

Your user name says i it all.