Care Home Singers

Does anyone know of any singers that do care homes.I'm looking for younger singers that bring something more refreshing..and can sing a range of styles..other than vera lynn and doris day and the like..please get in touch.thanks

Does anyone know of any singers that do care homes.I'm looking for younger singers that bring something more refreshing..and can sing a range of styles..other than vera lynn and doris day and the like..please get in touch.thanks

Do you think the very old would appreciate the modern day songs? I've seen this all done before and then they have complained because they had never heard any of the songs before so couldn't sing along with them because they didn't know the words.

Just a thought.

I tend to agree, whilst you might think a change is good it might backfire.

Other options could be to find someone who sings country? most people like country. Or Jazz ?

Have you heard of Lost Chord? They provide the whole package.

Do you think the very old would appreciate the modern day songs? I've seen this all done before and then they have complained because they had never heard any of the songs before so couldn't sing along with them because they didn't know the words.

Just a thought.

The Everly brothers, Chuck Berry, Elvis, Buddy Holly, all had major hits 1957 / 1958. 60 years ago.If you were a teenager at that time you'd now be well over 70. .People who are now 80 years old were only around 26 years old when the Beatles and Stones had their first hits. So while they may not be into Beyonce and Jay Z. They most definitely don't want to hear Bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover and Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag Etc

Have a look for Patricia Lynn Moore on Facebook, I know she does a mixture from the 50's to the 70's, her son also sings too

Elliot Peters, self contained P.A, lights if required. very well known on club/pub circuit throughout Notts Derby East Coast

All fully insured and PAT tested.

Edited by themissis
spelling mistake

Guest makapaka

Great name for a band.

A lady we worked with used to do exactly this. If you look for Jessica Armstrong, she may be able to assist. Phenomenal voice too.

Lorraine Webb, soprano, worked Sheffield city opera,. Also plays piano and church organist at cawthorne Church. 07885737884.