Anyone a mechanic on here? Advice only (no jobs/quotes etc)

Hi guys, hope someone can help. I recently had my carb serviced and cleaned. I put the carb back on my engine and it is constantly flooding, took the plugs out and turned it over, it was like a fountain!! Do you think something is stuck open in the carb?? I'm not good with carburetor's.

Ta

Stuart

Hi guys, hope someone can help. I recently had my carb serviced and cleaned. I put the carb back on my engine and it is constantly flooding, took the plugs out and turned it over, it was like a fountain!! Do you think something is stuck open in the carb?? I'm not good with carburetor's.

Ta

Stuart

Float needle valve sticking, a bit of grit in its valve seat, or incorrectly assembled onto the float.

Hi guys, hope someone can help. I recently had my carb serviced and cleaned. I put the carb back on my engine and it is constantly flooding

Was it doing this before it was 'serviced'?

Cheers bill I'll try that, so if I move the float the needle valve should move freely? Sorry I'm a carb numpty

If you are saying that it is like a fountain, that suggests that it is leaking out from the carb rather than into the inlet port.

It could be the float bowl gasket. These tend to split or crack when removed and should be replaced.

No it wasn't flooding before it was serviced, I've contacted the bloke who did it and waiting for a reply. Bit tricky as the boat is in Lincoln and I'm in Sheffield. So it's a weekend job

Cheers bill I'll try that, so if I move the float the needle valve should move freely? Sorry I'm a carb numpty

It's a pretty simple arrangement, though may be confusing if you've never seen the innards before.

Essentially the float floats in the petrol and is attached to a little needle, the pointed end of which normally faces upwards.

The pointed tip is usually either polished brass, or may have a rubber (viton) tip.

As the petrol dribbles into the carb float bowl, the float, and thus the needle, rises up until it blocks the valve, thus cutting off the fuel supply.

Depending on the carb, the float sometimes has its pivot in the float bowl, and sometimes on the main body of the carb.

The latter is easier to check in situ, place a bowl under the carb, turn off the fuel, remove the float bowl, and whilst gently raising the float, turn on the fuel.

It should be easy to observe if it's leaking, or where the fuel is dribbling out.

If there's no leaks, and the valve shuts off OK, it implies that the float height is incorrectly set, allowing too much fuel into the bowl, such that it overflows.

This isn't good anywhere, and certainly not in a boat. :(

Hi Guys

I just recently bought Peugeot 207 1.6Hdi 2009 5DR 50000 miles. It has developed a very weird fault.

Occasionally whilst driving anti pollution faulty + low oil pressure error appears and engine cuts out and have to turn ignition off then turn back on then all goes ok.

I diagnosed with lexia 3 and the error codes stored. P0001 diesel flow regulator signal. P1471 turbo charging air cooler butterfly solenoid valve. P0692 fan assembly high speed circuit.

I replaced fuel pressure regulator with no affect checked engine oil which is normal.

Can anybody shed some light what could be wrong as the car is dangerous to drive as the engine cuts off in the middle of the road.

Not a Peugeot expert but I'm pretty sure that none of those faults would cause the ignition to cut out and then be normal again after switching off and on again.

I'd look for something like a dodgy or dirty connection to the ECU box.

I cleaned all the connections on the ecu still problem persists cleaned maf sensor map sensor and temp sensor also

I diagnosed with lexia 3 and the error codes stored. P0001 diesel flow regulator signal. P1471 turbo charging air cooler butterfly solenoid valve. P0692 fan assembly high speed circuit.

I replaced fuel pressure regulator with no affect checked engine oil which is normal.

I would have thought the first one was the fuel rail pressure sensor and not the regulator.

You might need to scan it with a Peugeot specific tool to get more accurate results?