Anyone a mechanic on here? Advice only (no jobs/quotes etc)

Probably clutch on way out, or maybe worn gear link bushes you said it was looked after with 10 months MOT what's the mileage.

On 17/06/2020 at 22:21, speleo1 said:

Probably clutch on way out, or maybe worn gear link bushes you said it was looked after with 10 months MOT what's the mileage.

I stopped responding to the type of post you have responded to. Not very helpfull, no make or model, no petrol or diesel. For some strange reason people think every car is the same. Has it got a concentric release bearing? Has it got a dual mass flywheel? no information = no help = no response. :)  

Problem with car hyundai i20 petrol 1.4 2011 model exhaust rattle and a knocking from somewhere in engine when cold decided id chuck some cataclean through it hey presto no more knock or exhaust rattle problem is it only lasts a month then needs more cataclean by this description anyone any clues to cause I've asked a few garages they not a clue  any help welcome cheers

Have you serviced it recently?  Check if it has a fuel filter and replace that too.

Also try some super unleaded to see if that works better.

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Have you serviced it recently?  Check if it has a fuel filter and replace that too.

Also try some super unleaded to see if that works better.

I tried it recently on super unleaded it was better ill try fuel filter see if that helps cheers

Everytime its wet on roads i get 2 lights on abs and esp never seems to do it in the dry atleast not yet just turn ignition off and on it goes away for days had codes scanned nothing shows really bugging me now had car 3 years and it only started 3 months ago anyone any hints where to look

23 hours ago, Hans-solo said:

Everytime its wet on roads i get 2 lights on abs and esp never seems to do it in the dry atleast not yet just turn ignition off and on it goes away for days had codes scanned nothing shows really bugging me now had car 3 years and it only started 3 months ago anyone any hints where to look

Might just be wheels spinning and not being able to grip in wet. Could also be water getting in to sensor 

Edited by rudds1

On 31/12/2020 at 13:27, Hans-solo said:

You will get a better response if you include details of car make model engine etc good luck with it.

HelloI have had my Skoda Scala about 7 months and filled about with the view at the dashboard for the driver in front of the steering wheel and can't seem to get the true mileage back on I can get the trip milometer on miles-per-gallon everything else but I just can't find the total mileage so looking for someone who can help me get that back on an advise whether the engine needs to be running or off many thanks

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, Floozie said:

HelloI have had my Skoda Scala about 7 months and filled about with the view at the dashboard for the driver in front of the steering wheel and can't seem to get the true mileage back on I can get the trip milometer on miles-per-gallon everything else but I just can't find the total mileage so looking for someone who can help me get that back on an advise whether the engine needs to be running or off many thanks

Isn’t that in the hand book ?

Click on the Scala and put in year etc or put your VIN number in.

https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models

I have a couple of minor but annoying issues with my 13 plate Astra and am looking for some advice. I keep getting a warning that the coolant level is low ( it's checked regularly and never needs topping up ). The other issue is that the temperature display shows between 28-30 degrees even though it's more like 3-4 degrees.