Anyone a mechanic on here? Advice only (no jobs/quotes etc)

Does it cough or splutter when it happens??

Could be a load of things, without a fault code it might be easier to wait for the problem to get abit worse to make the issue easier to find.

It acts just like a car does when it's running out of fuel, a dip in power struggling for revs. It seems to be worse when accelerating particularly uphill.

Hi all. I have a fault on said vehicle. When running there is an occasional dip in power which is steadily getting worse. My local garage says it is not showing a fault code. The fault is worse when travelling uphill. Please don't suggest pentagon as I wouldn't touch them with a stick. Please help. Billy

Just sorted a corsa out with same problem. Turned out coil pack was shot and so were plugs but did not bring eml on

Edited by nikki-red

Dying fuel pump is also a possibility, or dodgy wiring or a clogged fuel filter.

Broken front spring Citroen C3 2006 1.1L model. Seeking advice on the practicality of doing the job at side of the road. Can it be done by dropping the suspension leg but still attached to the hub? A bit ambitious for me, so what would be the likely cost, bearing in mind the car is immobile as the spring has broken and dropped down the leg.

Edited by carosio

What job?

You want to replace a spring at the side of the road?? Has it broken down or is it just parked up outside your home?

If the road/street isn't busy you can get away with it.

Legally you should't, but the police have got much better things to be doing with their time.

Strut usually needs to be removed from the car to change it, often need a rattle gun to do the top nut as well.

1.1L model. Seeking advice on the practicality of doing the job at side of the road. Can it be done by dropping the suspension leg but still attached to the hub? A bit ambitious for me, so what would be the likely cost, bearing in mind the car is immobile as the spring has broken and dropped down the leg.

You can do it like that as Ive done a few that way

You can do it like that as I've done a few that way

ok, that sounds promising.

If anyone interested in the job, please pm me.

---------- Post added 20-12-2017 at 10:12 ----------

Decided to book a mobile mechanic for tomorrow, thanks for your suggestions.

Edited by carosio

All.

I have a golf mk4 2001. 1.6 petrol. I want to get it back on the road - do I HAVE to fit a battery that it specific for that engine, or will any fit for purpose battery do. I see that they vary in prices, just wanted some advice.

Thanks in advance

All.

I have a golf mk4 2001. 1.6 petrol. I want to get it back on the road - do I HAVE to fit a battery that it specific for that engine, or will any fit for purpose battery do. I see that they vary in prices, just wanted some advice.

Thanks in advance

You need to fit the correct amp size battery to the car ,too small cranking amp and it won't have enough power to turn engine over without becoming discharged quickly ,too big an amp size and car will struggle to recharge it correctly