Anyone a mechanic on here? Advice only (no jobs/quotes etc)

Got my mot due next month.

My handbrake needs attention.

I pull it all the way up and it isn't working.

I've adjusted it, but think the cable has stretched or need new brake shoes fitting.

Last year mot I was told one of the back brakes had started sticking and it will need attention.

If I pull the brake all the way up the brakes stick on for a while ?

advice is dont do it yourself as you don't no what your doing , go to a garage with a proper mechanic, and note, a garage with a proper mechanic,

It is pretty cheap and in otherwise ok condition. I will have a closer look around the electrics and bulkhead though. It had been stood for a couple of weeks while they were on holiday and it has rained a lot lately.

The 'crossmember' running along the footwell is a little odd.

Could be a really bad sub install job?

or they could have pulled the carpet up before and not put it back properly, which would indicate it's had damp issues for quite some time.

this morning tried to go to work in my van but unfortunately would not start so I had to bump it then it was fine as it should, I am now needing to park on a hill as I hace to bump the van. THE PROBLEM when I turn the key it just makes a clicking sound, all the lights on dash work as normal, does anybody have any ideas, could this be a ignition barrel issue as I have had to wiggle the key to start the van for last 6 months sometimes 2-3 attepts as it was just clicking but when wiggled it correct it started any help or any people that could fix woul be great thanks

worth replacing the starter motor i think to begin with. then either use your spare key or have a new one cut soon. - harrolds at shalesmoor.

Starter is probably frozen, but double check it's not a knackered battery.

would this be a case of a new starter motor ?

would this be a case of a new starter motor ?

yes. you can pick up a second hand one at a scrap yard but i find that this is more hassle than paying a little more for a new one. i always use neepsend just off rutland road 01142731313 for parts and a small fast and cheap garage behind vaux tyres on carlisle st 0777587697 ..call and get a quote.

sometimes you can free up the starter with lots of wd40 but doesnt always work.

I have a corsa c 1.2 petrol.

The dipstick tube snapped about 4 months ago, I've been driving it without any problems, not lost oil.

Now I want to sell it so how do I get the inner tube out without taking sump off?

Thanks.

Does it have an inner tube part?

Some cars don't, it's just a plastic sleeve that connects to block protect the dipstick.

You might just be able to pull the remnants out with some needle-nose pliers and stick a new dipstick tube on???

Does it have an inner tube part?

Some cars don't, it's just a plastic sleeve that connects to block protect the dipstick.

You might just be able to pull the remnants out with some needle-nose pliers and stick a new dipstick tube on???

Hi , yes it has an inner part but no lip to grab, I've fried long nose plyers but I'm also scared of pushing it further inside.

Thanks.

A quick google says you need to take the sump off. If its not worth much, sell it as is?

Hi all. I have a fault on said vehicle. When running there is an occasional dip in power which is steadily getting worse. My local garage says it is not showing a fault code. The fault is worse when travelling uphill. Please don't suggest pentagon as I wouldn't touch them with a stick. Please help. Billy

Edited by nikki-red