Anyone a mechanic on here? Advice only (no jobs/quotes etc)

If its not been run much I'd look at the fuel. Put fresh in and replace the fuel filter.

You might need some "easy start" to help it along.

Done the fuel checked all that out its certain its not fuel or the pump, i know its something electrical, but where lol

It may sound daft but I would have the battery checked or at least give it a good charge and clean the terminals,as you suspect it's electrical it's a good place to start.

Thanks wallace, done that already, it struggles to turn over ( not through lack of battery) the power is there then it fires up.... Then splutter dies within 5-6 seconds!

Ok next I would look at the stater motor clean the contacts and make sure everything is tight,hope you get it sorted.

---------- Post added 06-05-2017 at 10:50 ----------

That doesn't explain the spluttering and cutting out once it's going though sorry.

Thanks again wallace, weve done all the logical things much to my sheer dissapointment nothing has changed! About to change the crankshaft sensor this afternoon, a lot of corsa forums seem to have this issue, i suppose its hope! Ill keep u posted!

---------- Post added 11-05-2017 at 06:52 ----------

Just an update.... for some unknown reason and we don't know why. The corsa had "lost" the codes!!!, also putting new dash clocks in didn't help and we were at a loss as AA had told us it was the engine immobiliser that had kicked in, so... I had a knight in shining armour, Tim Harrison from fix my Vauxhall.com he came out with the appropriate Vauxhall software and did what he had to do (it needed re coding) we didn't have the car pass code key spare key.. nothing, but Tim did all this and brum brum up she fired! An absolute gentleman!

So without me selling work for him ... if anyone is at a loss with their Vauxhall he is brilliant

Thanks to everyone who tried it was appreciated x

Hi I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction my wife's brake pads needed to be replace so I have managed to do one side no problem but I have now got down to the piston on the other side my piston tool has broken and I am not able to get the piston back in can anybody recommend what to do I've managed to get someone out Tuesday but we could do with car tomorrow thanks for looking

Hi I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction my wife's brake pads needed to be replace so I have managed to do one side no problem but I have now got down to the piston on the other side my piston tool has broken and I am not able to get the piston back in can anybody recommend what to do I've managed to get someone out Tuesday but we could do with car tomorrow thanks for looking

Can you just use a lever, a big screw driver?

Remembering to slacken off the cap to the brake fluid reservoir, and not let any fluid that is pushed back get into contact with your paintwork....

Oh crap. How much do mechanics charge for that? Had such a bad time with cars and could cry!

You can get an OBD bluetooth reader that you connect to a smart phone; think mine cost me about 6 quid and 2 quid for the app.

Think this is the one I have, you need to pair it to an Android phone (couldn't get it working with an iOS phone): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kasstino-ELM327-Bluetooth-Scanner-Android/dp/B01I3GSXQU/ref=sr_1_8?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1496067062&sr=1-8&keywords=obd

Edited by Waldo

I wouldn't go levering the piston in if its a screw in type.