Old Primark building to become an EasyHotel

For all those complaining about too many hotel bedrooms just remember that at this moment of time 100+ bedroom hotel is being demolished on Charter square.

You mean the one that had been closed for 8 years almost? I doubt it has any relevance to the current hotel business of Sheffield!

Having worked in some Sheffield hotels you would be amazed at the 'occupancy rate' Sheffield manages to maintain. Between the Arena, Ponds Forge, Meadowhall etc there is huge demand for rooms.

Really???

Have you actually been down "that side of town" as you call it. You are talking nonsense.

The whole area is changing with a mix of new student accommodation, offices and other businesses. Its already surrounded by several established hotels and is minutes away from the uni, rail stations and office buildings. Its likely to do very well

Some people always have to have a pop no matter what is proposed or what is built. No wonder this city is so behind.

Sometimes I really wish they would bring the hole in the road and all those hideous underground Walkways back circa 1989 just to remind some of those with the rose tinted specs exactly what a crap hole this city really was before the developers started their work

The whole area is indeed changing, there is also the added bonus of the plague of graffiti which is an awful welcome for visitors to Sheffield.

At least in the hole-in-the-road days the streets were safer and the graffiti was far less common.

For all those complaining about too many hotel bedrooms just remember that at this moment of time 100+ bedroom hotel is being demolished on Charter square.

From the town layout point of view it really does appear as though the council want to keep all retail activity from the bottom of Fargate up to the new Moor market with an obvious spur toward Devonshire Green and the new retail quarter.

This is quite a change for those of us of a certain age who recall the long linear shopping street from the Moor to the Castle Market.

With an Easy hotel and the new Sheffield Hallam University complex in the old GPO I hope that the 'square' of Fitzalan has money allocated to it. So many 'squares' have been tidied and yet that one remains the poor relation.

Pleased to see that on another thread the council are looking at upgrading Fitzalan Square. Maybe councillors and town hall officials read Sheffield Forum!

The whole area is indeed changing, there is also the added bonus of the plague of graffiti which is an awful welcome for visitors to Sheffield.

At least in the hole-in-the-road days the streets were safer and the graffiti was far less common.

Not really, the hole in the road was a dump by the mid eighties ridden with graffiti, fly posting, litter and the smell of urine. Street gangs used to be more prominent around town then as well.

I want C&A back

Now I'm convinced, you are female. :nod:

A lot of work seems to be going on at the old Primark building (previously the C&A building) does anyone know if this is in preparation for a new occupant??

A lot of work seems to be going on at the old Primark building (previously the C&A building) does anyone know if this is in preparation for a new occupant??

its going to be a hotel

Threads merged.

Please use the search facility before starting new threads.

Thank you.

Get some lovely views out of the window of some of Sheffield's Finest Ladies And Gentleman frequenting Fitzalan Square!

Can of industrial strength lager and spice all round is it?!

Get some lovely views out of the window of some of Sheffield's Finest Ladies And Gentleman frequenting Fitzalan Square!

Can of industrial strength lager and spice all round is it?!

The entrance will be prime real estate for beggars.

I bet they'll be fighting over that space.

I bet they'll be fighting over that space.

Probably quite literally.

What a grim area to put a hotel!