Tram Trains thread

the route would finish in fox valley dead in the middle of Stocksbridge and a proposed journey time of eleven minutes to sheffield it can take over one hour on the bus 57 route

But you're quoting from a site that are pushing for a re-introduction of a 90mph train service..... What's that got to do with a tram service with a maximum speed of 50mph (Existing fleet) or 62mph (New tram/train fleet) :huh::huh::huh:

How is 90mph even possible along that route?

One question..

As these are tram/trains can a normal concessionary pass be used to travel free or will they be deemed as trains and half fare charged?

One question..

As these are tram/trains can a normal concessionary pass be used to travel free or will they be deemed as trains and half fare charged?

With them not noticing that a bridge needed to be raised for the cables, there is a good chance that no one has thought about that.

My guess is that they will be deemed to be trains and half fare charged - every little helps to pay off that £75m cost. Or has it gone up again in the last few days :huh::hihi:

One question..

With them not noticing that a bridge needed to be raised for the cables, there is a good chance that no one has thought about that.

My guess is that they will be deemed to be trains and half fare charged - every little helps to pay off that £75m cost. Or has it gone up again in the last few days :huh::hihi:

I would have thought as it's still part of the SuperTram network whatever rules apply to the tram tickets now would continue to apply to journeys on this section when it opens???

You will buy a tram ticket from the conductor as you do now not a National Rail ticket from a station or the conductor.

These are finally carrying passengers, so was interested to make my first journey last night. Rubbish! Hard seats, totally cretinous design, poor use of space, even narrower gangways ( well- built conductors will find it even harder to avoid whacking commuters around the ears with their various satchels and machines l ):rant:

These the ones going between Rotherham and Sheffield?

The trams (train/trams) are made somewhere near Valencia and are the same as the ones that run betweem Benidorm and Alicante where they run sometimes on railway line and sometime on the street. I believe that's the idea between Sheffield and Rotherham. Not been on ours yet but the seats are hard on the spanish ones and the journey is about an hour and a half.

I quite like them. The sideways seats by the wheelchair spot are much softer and there is also more space there for wheelchairs/mobility scooters. No door openers on the inside to obstruct passengers so more space. They are also much quieter and smoother that the old ones but not sure if that will change when they wear. Signage is also larger and more prominent so easier to read. Easier to put bags under the seating but I'm sure that wont stop people putting them on the seats though.

I saw one of the new 200 ones at Castle Square stop yesterday.

It looked like a skinny version of the existing model 100 but with fewer seats.

The seats looked thin,hard and closer together.

There appeared to be no standing room in the articulated areas where 4 adults can stand on the current models when it gets busy.

Indeed there appeared to be less standing room altogether.

Hopefully not as the existing yellow tram from Middlewood can sometimes be full before it reaches Hillsborough !

It will cause chaos if the capacity is lower but the number of trams/service stays the same.

Despite their age I think the Sheffiled tram is indeed "Super" compared to the design used in other cities.

The new trams are longer than the old ones and logically they are the same width and have 10 more seats plus room for 140 standees .