Tram Trains thread

6 minutes ago, bjones787 said:

The TramTrain involved is back in service - sort of, the undamaged third of this one (204) has been married up to the undamaged two thirds of the one involved in the second accident (202) to create a hybrid 202.  The now completely broken one will be sent back to Spain I believe to be rebuilt as new.

Everything should be based on the lego system.

8 hours ago, alexander874 said:

Speed limit has dropped to 20 mph on the tram line.

15mph. 

7 hours ago, bjones787 said:

The TramTrain involved is back in service - sort of, the undamaged third of this one (204) has been married up to the undamaged two thirds of the one involved in the second accident (202) to create a hybrid 202.  The now completely broken one will be sent back to Spain I believe to be rebuilt as new.

It is being repaired - not rebuilt. 

7 hours ago, dutch said:

I took tram on that line several times prior to the accident and the main focus of these about four engineers was on some equipment on a box near the rails by that intersection.

Personally have had problems with poor connections before. Of coarse its pure speculation but having done engineering work myself I know just some vibrations or temperature changes can mess up a high tech smart system telling an intersection a tram is coming. All those connectors of sensors and other connections in boxes by the line there must be absolutely perfect and I have seen perfect connections fail more than once in my life.

Being as a) the tram driver had a proceed and b) the lorry driver has been charged with passing a red light (or more formally contravention of a red light) it’s high unlikely that there was anything wrong with the junction. 

In addition any abnormality in the signalling system at any road/tram junction (including something as small as a traffic light bulb blowing) will result in the entire system turning off in 35 MILLIseconds. So fast you wouldn’t even notice something had gone wrong - and therefore forcing all drivers to use caution af the junction. Tram drivers CANNOT pass through a junction which has a signal failure without permission from control.