Tram Trains thread

you've missed the point.

Just got on one, packed with people trying it out. Got something to do at Meadowhall anyway. They sound a little more rattling but not bad.

---------- Post added 25-10-2018 at 12:27 ----------

It runs a lot faster quit smooth on train tracks. Everyone on it is amazed by it. It runs a lot better as train.

Thats what modern trains run like. People who only use Northern Rail will only know the sheds on wheels excuses for trains that they run

I was surprised to see that the £75 Million price tag is for the engineering works only,

The Tram trains themselves cost an extra £30 Million::

Total £100 Million +

http://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2018/10/news-5958-tram-tram-to-start-later-this.html

---------- Post added 25-10-2018 at 15:50 ----------

OPPS 3.40pm: Tram derails following crash

Streets Ahead

@sccstreetsahead

We have been advised a lorry has hit a tram at Staniforth Road/Woodbourn Road and the tram has derailed. @SCSupertram are aware, and a team is en route to place out road closure signs. Please take care in this area.

Good thing I took one before they crashed.

Tram train truck. Guess that experiment failed.

Edited by dutch

Tram train truck.

And lamppost! ;)

I guess the truck driver didn't expect it to start running today!

I was on the tram train and it was on the existing tram track either truck driver went through red light (most likely) or tram went through stop but I did not see the signals myself.

Luckily no serious injuries but will take time to clear as train dragged way off the track.

Surprised at the number of police far in excess of what ought to be required once the initial assessment carried out

I was on the tram train and it was on the existing tram track either truck driver went through red light (most likely) or tram went through stop but I did not see the signals myself.

Luckily no serious injuries but will take time to clear as train dragged way off the track.

Surprised at the number of police far in excess of what ought to be required once the initial assessment carried out

Lights were put of action

Went on the first tram train today, got a free cupcake and the ride to rotherham was nice and smooth. Didn’t get off (turned round and went to IKEA for brekkie) but the natives the other end looked friendly enough so may one day but happy with shops here in Sheffield. Shame about the crash :rant:

The tram is running to Rotherham now?

So it is! How did I not know this?

The tram is running to Rotherham now?

So it is! How did I not know this?

I didn't know it either ten years ago.

It's not just a tram, the section mhall south Rotherham runs on train tracks. This is a noticable difference.

And it may be history in two years if it isn't used much