Tram Trains thread

Only took the police 2 months to solve this amazing 

Guest busdriver1
18 hours ago, Hook said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-46654412

Lorry driver charged for first day Tram Train crash. 

Lets see what happens in court, I would bet that his team will be using the subsequent rod closure and readjustment of the lights as an admission of liability from SCC

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

Lets see what happens in court, I would bet that his team will be using the subsequent rod closure and readjustment of the lights as an admission of liability from SCC

If they did make significant changes they usually put signs before asking drivers to be aware of this.

There are people who drive out of pure habit and look and see other people stop thinking now its my turn and go.

13 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

They haven’t readjusted the lights. 

8 hours ago, Hook said:

They haven’t readjusted the lights. 

So what did they do, I was under the impression they doing away with the right turn green filter when the lights were at red for the tram right of way

Something was going on in that area for several days just prior to the accident. There were people in yellow reflection gear doing something near that junction. 

37 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

So what did they do, I was under the impression they doing away with the right turn green filter when the lights were at red for the tram right of way

They’ve done nothing - the council don’t believe there is a problem with that junction. 

2 minutes ago, dutch said:

Something was going on in that area for several days just prior to the accident. There were people in yellow reflection gear doing something near that junction. 

Most likely Amey doing planning and preparation works for the renewal of the traffic light system. They’re already doing this at Shirland Lane and Woodbourn Road crossroads. 

Guest busdriver1

So the road was closed for several days and reference was made on here to the reprogramming of the lights yet nothing got done. hmmm

1 hour ago, alexander874 said:

Speed limit has dropped to 20 mph on the tram line.

I took tram on that line several times prior to the accident and the main focus of these about four engineers was on some equipment on a box near the rails by that intersection.

Personally have had problems with poor connections before. Of coarse its pure speculation but having done engineering work myself I know just some vibrations or temperature changes can mess up a high tech smart system telling an intersection a tram is coming. All those connectors of sensors and other connections in boxes by the line there must be absolutely perfect and I have seen perfect connections fail more than once in my life.

Edited by dutch

The TramTrain involved is back in service - sort of, the undamaged third of this one (204) has been married up to the undamaged two thirds of the one involved in the second accident (202) to create a hybrid 202.  The now completely broken one will be sent back to Spain I believe to be rebuilt as new.