Tram Trains thread

I have always thought that the tram system should have connected with the Network Rail system right from the early days. There is so much potential to link up, this is just the tip of the iceberg really.

Went on a new tram/train at the weekend. Don’t use trams much.

My God aren’t they noisy??? The grinding / braking noise from the wheels. Urrgghhh

Went on a new tram/train at the weekend. Don’t use trams much.

My God aren’t they noisy??? The grinding / braking noise from the wheels. Urrgghhh

Take the train to rotherham. If I were in city centre within equal distance from station as tram I walk to station and take train to rotherham, old noisy shaking rattling diesel, orchestral music to the ears.

The new tram train may be better than the Pacers from Northern Rail but give me the older Stagecoach trams any day over the Tram Train

Will the launch be cancelled tomorrow?? With no trams using the Cathedral points due to constant failures can’t see it happening. Would be the icing on the cake...... tens millions over budget and can’t even launch on time.

It would be par for the course after all how many of the key deadlines have they met?

of course it will not be the fault of Stagecoach or the PTE

Nothing on website about any pushbacks. It wouldnt suprise me, everything gets pushed back here all the time, dont be mistaken it doesnt really bother me.

Will the launch be cancelled tomorrow?? With no trams using the Cathedral points due to constant failures can’t see it happening. Would be the icing on the cake...... tens millions over budget and can’t even launch on time.

The engineering work to install the new parts at Cathedral points is complete and a normal service is operating.

Just got on one, packed with people trying it out. Got something to do at Meadowhall anyway. They sound a little more rattling but not bad.

---------- Post added 25-10-2018 at 12:27 ----------

It runs a lot faster quit smooth on train tracks. Everyone on it is amazed by it. It runs a lot better as train.

Edited by dutch

And yet it did happen.

On the day that the Sheffield Tram Train goes live, I happen to find that someone has written a Charters and Caldicott style blog about it - and it wasn't me.

http://publictransportexperience.blogspot.com/2017/04/charters-and-caldicott-discuss-tram_16.html

http://www.chartersandcaldicott.co.uk

75million quid later and it is finally running. Was it ever really needed though? is there a demand for a link between Sheffield and Rotherham / Parkgate ?