Tram Trains thread

As the ticketing is the same as the trams then they will be accepted. You’re over complicating things again.

Just read post #221, an overactive mind, I see a person in pain.

Although I have little to do in Rotherham I'll might see what it has to offer. Is it going to get a stop near Blackburn nature reserve?

The timetable isn't exactly a state secret as the service has been ghost running for a few weeks now and it can all be found on the Real Time Trains website. However as the start date has only just been confirmed the artwork for the timetable leaflets etc will have only just been completed.

The fare structure I posted above. The only thing not announced yet is the price of the tram-train specific tickets which I'm sure will be announced soon.

Given that there has just been a review and increase in prices then one might have thought that there would be no doubt over fares and that they would have been able to announce both the timetable and fares to co-inside with the announcement of the opening date. perhaps the opening has come as a shock to the PTE and Stagecoach and caught them unprepared

Although I have little to do in Rotherham I'll might see what it has to offer. Is it going to get a stop near Blackburn nature reserve?

Sadly no, Tinsley South and then straight through to Rotherham Central and terminating at Parkgate.

Guest busdriver1

There are plenty ways of getting there. X1 stops right outside for one.

So how much does it cost between Tinsley South and Rotherham? That is just a load of gibberish.

I assume it will be £1.80.

I would like to travel with my bike on the tram but it is not possible. Sticking a bike rack on the back would only encourage risk takers so it would need another carriage and I know that is not going to happen.

Looked at the Tram Train flyer and couldn’t see it mentioned - can I use my £50 a month tram ticket on this new service or do I need to pay extra ?

Looked at the Tram Train flyer and couldn’t see it mentioned - can I use my £50 a month tram ticket on this new service or do I need to pay extra ?

Which one is that? The Tram Only pass or the Sheffield bus one?

If its a tram only Megarider it will be accepted on the whole Supertram network including for a promotional period to Rotherham.

If it's the Sheffield bus and tram Megarider then no, it's a Sheffield ticket so only valid to Meadowhall.

The bus and tram Megarider valid in both Sheffield and Rotherham is the Megarider Gold. Check prices at http://www.stagecoachbus.com

---------- Post added 14-10-2018 at 12:33 ----------

I would like to travel with my bike on the tram but it is not possible. Sticking a bike rack on the back would only encourage risk takers so it would need another carriage and I know that is not going to happen.

On the current tram design carrying bikes would break both health and safety and disability discrimination laws.

So basically the First day and weekly savers will be cheaper after the promotional period? And they are more frequent too (10 fast buses per hour vs. 3 trams per hour). Will be interesting to see how it goes and if it does indeed take off.

First - South Yorkshire £5 daysaver/£20 weeksaver vs. Stagecoach - South Yorkshire £6.50 explorer/£22 megarider Gold.