Tram Trains thread

Of course the great thing about the dot matrix is that when they do not know where the tram is they will show the timetabled time even if the tram is cancelled

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

and this is before they even venture onto the big railway.

One wonders if Stagecoach should have done more to get them out and about after they were delivered to identify and iron out faults.

One wonders when you’ll find something else to have a vendetta about

One wonders when you’ll find something else to have a vendetta about

Hardly a "vendetta" in my opinion - just an honest comment about what appears to be an increasing debacle with these new vehicles (paid for by lots of public money) & they seem to be unfit for purpose.

You appear to think that this situation is acceptable mrmw - & it should be swept under the carpet, at a time of unprecedented pressure on public finances...??

Edited by GleadlessLad

Hardly a "vendetta" in my opinion - just an honest comment about what appears to be an increasing debacle with these new vehicles (paid for by lots of public money) & they seem to be unfit for purpose.

You appear to think that this situation is acceptable mrmw - & it should be swept under the carpet, at a time of unprecedented pressure on public finances...??

One might wonder from this an previous posts if mrmw is a stagecoach employee

One might wonder from this an previous posts if mrmw is a stagecoach employee

I’ll clear this up for you .... nope i’m not- I’m a regular 9-5er with an office job who commutes daily via Supertram

Funnily enough I suspected you of being an ex Stagecoach employee with an axe to grind

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 20:26 ----------

Nicely edited from the original post :thumbsup:

I’ll clear this up for you .... nope i’m not- I’m a regular 9-5er with an office job who commutes daily via Supertram

Funnily enough I suspected you of being an ex Stagecoach employee with an axe to grind

Do you think all is well with the tram/train ?

No never worked for Stagecoach just someone who moved to Sheffield and was surprised at the lack of customer focus.

Don't get me wrong I am not suggesting that elsewhere everything is perfect but every now and again Stagecoach do stop the excuses as to why they can not do something and act - It took several attempts including writing to the press from me including writing to the press to get them to continue the tram link buses on to Hillsborough for instance when the trams were suspended

When will the rotherham to Sheffield tram be up and running?

Years late and over-budget when a heavy rail solution could have been implemented far more efficiently. After operating a short while will also fall to bits. Just like the Cambridgeshire Misguided Busway.

Years late and over-budget when a heavy rail solution could have been implemented far more efficiently. After operating a short while will also fall to bits. Just like the Cambridgeshire Misguided Busway.

Unlike Tram Train, the 'Cambridgeshire Misguided Busway' is/was not a trial.

Heavy Rail vehicles cannot physically operate on tram tracks on urban streets.

Neither can trams operate on heavy rail.

The trial is to establish if a vehicle can run on an urban tram system and British heavy rail so as to exploit the miles of under used rail track that has no link to centres of population

If you have a heavy rail solution please save the country a fortune and tell us.

As you haven't then perhaps we shall see if this trial is successful or not

really many of the problems are down to Notwork Rail.

true one might look at the safety standards and crash worthiness for lightly used rural lines but I would not have thought it applicable on this route

Unlike Tram Train, the 'Cambridgeshire Misguided Busway' is/was not a trial.

Heavy Rail vehicles cannot physically operate on tram tracks on urban streets.

Neither can trams operate on heavy rail.

The trial is to establish if a vehicle can run on an urban tram system and British heavy rail so as to exploit the miles of under used rail track that has no link to centres of population

If you have a heavy rail solution please save the country a fortune and tell us.

As you haven't then perhaps we shall see if this trial is successful or not

Is the rail line to stocksbridge from Sheffield still in operation?

Could that be a future train / tram project?

Following on from their temporary withdrawal last week, the tram trains are back out in service this morning.