Tram Trains thread

Passenger services will start October.

Bit optimistic that isn't it? Thought they needed a trainer in place who can actually drive trains, as far as I know, they haven't got one yet. Plus can the CityLinks actually be trusted to be out in service for a full days worth of work yet?

Oh look, a pig just flew past the window haha :hihi::hihi:

Bit optimistic that isn't it? Thought they needed a trainer in place who can actually drive trains, as far as I know, they haven't got one yet. Plus can the CityLinks actually be trusted to be out in service for a full days worth of work yet?

no point in planning ahead surely - if they did what lessons would they learn for future tram trains?

Every time I,ve been on one the conductors are saying how rubbish they are and I noticed the aisles are narrower too and leak when it rains

You need to check your sources.

I still can't get my head around the single track between Tinsley / Meadowhall South and around the back of Magna before it opens out to double track again.... Does this have a bearing on frequency of service ?

It's not an issue on the approach to the Meadowhall terminus for all the trams on the yellow route so can't see this other section of single track being an issue for the tram train service.

I believe the tram train is three services an hour each way??? Which I think is less than the yellow route using the single track section I mention above...

It's not an issue on the approach to the Meadowhall terminus for all the trams on the yellow route so can't see this other section of single track being an issue for the tram train service.

I believe the tram train is three services an hour each way??? Which I think is less than the yellow route using the single track section I mention above...

The difference between the single sections is that timekeeping on the Meadowhall South/Tinsley East to Rotherham Parkgate section will be exact and managed by the Railway, with occupation of tram train platforms 3 and 4 at Rotherham Central and then on to the Parkgate siding strictly controlled to maintain the regional train timetable.

The difference between the single sections is that timekeeping on the Meadowhall South/Tinsley East to Rotherham Parkgate section will be exact and managed by the Railway, with occupation of tram train platforms 3 and 4 at Rotherham Central and then on to the Parkgate siding strictly controlled to maintain the regional train timetable.

I know..... I work in Network Rail Operations. ?

Due to an incident at Shalesmoor today, all Citylink vehicles have been removed from service.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2018/february/citylink-trams?hootPostID=bd4d23160a4d9d664e2d92c2722e789a

There are already service cancellations due to a lack of available trams.

and this is before they even venture onto the big railway.

One wonders if Stagecoach should have done more to get them out and about after they were delivered to identify and iron out faults.

Due to an incident at Shalesmoor today, all Citylink vehicles have been removed from service.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2018/february/citylink-trams?hootPostID=bd4d23160a4d9d664e2d92c2722e789a

There are already service cancellations due to a lack of available trams.

So what happened?

I imagine that with the reduced off peak service (supposedly to aid punctuality) the cancellations will only be in the peak!

Of course the great thing about the dot matrix is that when they do not know where the tram is they will show the timetabled time even if the tram is cancelled

So what happened?

Manufacturing defect.