Tram Trains thread

who wants to pay to maintain something not used

SYPTE with the dot matrix?

who wants to pay to maintain something not used

SYPTE with the dot matrix?

Sorry, the above post is still undergoing testing. :hihi:

Sorry, the above post is still undergoing testing. :hihi:

Indeed it has for two and a half years now with absolutely no sign of it ever working

I actually found it quite shocking how uncomfortable the tram train is, as ACTUAL trains have no such problem.

I think you notice it more though because they cheaped out on the seats. Somehow they seem to be even less comfortable than the really old stock trains which have similar amounts of padding.

Why is it we are going backwards in ride comfort? The buses are doing it too, switching from thick padded coach seats to wafer thin bum busters.

I actually found it quite shocking how uncomfortable the tram train is, as ACTUAL trains have no such problem.

I think you notice it more though because they cheaped out on the seats. Somehow they seem to be even less comfortable than the really old stock trains which have similar amounts of padding.

Why is it we are going backwards in ride comfort? The buses are doing it too, switching from thick padded coach seats to wafer thin bum busters.

Fully agree . They are bum numbers .

They are cheaper and so they can get more seats in. Even on the grown up railway there is a lot of criticism of seating comfort as price is placed before comfort

There should be less seats and more standing room (with flop down seats) near the doors. Then more pushchairs and disability vehicles could get in. At busy times it's hopeless for these passengers.

The thing is though, many of us choose the tram because its more comfortable than the bus. These new seats give me second thoughts, especially as the bus is typically slightly cheaper.

When will the rotherham to Sheffield tram be up and running?

When will the rotherham to Sheffield tram be up and running?

This year-probably.

From May they can run on the section between Tinsley and Parkgate but there will be extensive tests.

This year-probably.

From May they can run on the section between Tinsley and Parkgate but there will be extensive tests.

Passenger services will start October.