Reformat MSDOS hard drive - W10 O/S

I'm selling my Desktop and want to reformat the hard drive. How do I do this with W10 O/S? Thanks in anticipation.

---------- Post added 02-02-2017 at 16:54 ----------

oops - it's W7; it's been reformatted and used since then so I want to reformat the hard drive. thanks again

Don't understand exacly what u want to do, but: Start -> type "diskmgmt.msc" to open Windows Disk Management

If you want to put new system onto desktop - standard procedure with every system boot cd or flash drive and at beginning you should get possibility to make partitions again.

Edited by Raf199

thanks for your reply, I'm selling this desktop and I want to reformat it securely so that the hard drive's clean of my data

Install fresh system then or make format from live cd or any bootable tool (i think you can use repeair tool from windows cd or delete all partitions when normaly u make them to set destination to your system and cancel it after that)

Reformatting it won't get rid of your data (entirely), it can still be recovered after being formatted.

You need something that will write over the data (ideally multiple times), such as http://www.diskwipe.org/

Hello,

You can "nuke" the drive with DBAN software available from https://dban.org/ .

This software "nukes" all the files on hard drive, deletes it in the way that it would be impossible to recover them. It's probably safest way to do this.

Thanks!